IGNORED

There I Fixed It: cam chain tensioner edition

Coinneach

Local shop quoted me 2 hours @ $89 plus parts to do Brunhilde's tensioner, and I'd have to leave her there for FSM knows how long because there's 30 bikes ahead of her.

Pfah, sez I. I ordered the necessaries from MAX BMW, including the intake tube O-ring (which I ended up not needing). They arrived in three days and I just did it myself this afternoon in 1.5 hours including fairing r/r, tool cleanup and road test, using the tutorial by Poolside over on advwisdom. Baby no longer sounds like a tractor starting from cold or idling hot.

Makes me wonder why the PO didn't do it himself long ago...

Since this wasn't done I'd check the quick disconnects for the fuel lines to the gas tank. If they are plastic I'd change them ASAP.

Jay

Ordering the manifold O-ring was still a good idea, as they are somewhat delicate. Better the have it and not need it than to need it and not have it.

Better the have it and not need it than to need it and not have it.

As is true with so many things, yep.

Yes, this is not a hard install. I watched this video and I was set.

Yep. Doesn't make much sense to me that a professional mech thinks this job takes two hours when my first time only took me 1.5 in a parking lot, in the snow, uphill BOTH WAYS, but what do I know.

Archived