IGNORED

98 1100 RT-P out the door!

foundationapps

Back in love. Still go the 48 Panhead. :)

I have an '07 Dodge Ram, '06 Mini Cooper S, '05 Jeep Liberty, '96 Chaparral Sunesta 220, and the RT. I have a love/hate relationship with all of them.

62 mpg I've heard of.

But it was a constant 45ish on back roads w/strict throttle

monitoring.

50+ similar ridebut up to 55.

You must have hit the jackpot w/that new repair to avg 80/62.

:grin:

My R 50 would bet close to 70 mpg at times while rose smelling back roads.

I have an '07 Dodge Ram, '06 Mini Cooper S, '05 Jeep Liberty, '96 Chaparral Sunesta 220, and the RT. I have a love/hate relationship with all of them.

Wow, you are a glutton for punishment with that line up...LOL :grin:

Everyone should own a boat for a while. It puts everything else you have "maintenance wise" into perspective. :dopeslap:

Yes, but just think of the nice Christmas gifts (instead of a card) he gets from his mechanic. :rofl:

foundationapps

My speedo is off 3 mph on the high side (80 mph indicated vs 77 mph GPS), whichever way the error applies.

Fair observation... speeds were over 80 mph most of the time, the 65 mpg was all inclusive over 300 miles. Unofficial testing is suggesting that valve gap seems to be affecting mpg and power. Is that possible?

Yes, but just think of the nice Christmas gifts (instead of a card) he gets from his mechanic. :rofl:

Gifts? Only "gift" I ever got from a mechanic was a bill. Oh, and a cool keychain flashlight. With his shop name and logo on it. :thumbsup:

Everyone should own a boat for a while. It puts everything else you have "maintenance wise" into perspective. :dopeslap:

Or an airplane. Just put a new piston in an IO-520. Injector had partially stuck and started melting the piston. One new piston, rods, bearings, on a 300hp, mormally aspirated, horizontally-opposed six-cyliner engine that was 16 months old, and had >200 hrs: $9961.95 + taking it from Mid TN to Tulsa, OK.

And now the work on the load pit is piling up. If the A&P don't sign off soon, its gonna lose some of that $$ too.

Archived