IGNORED

Riding on today's brain dead roads (not so chaotic)...

foundationapps

foundationapps

http://www.ksl.com/?sid=35387970&nid=1070&s_cid=rec2

In the Utah area, this happens frequently. I'm convinced that only 2-2.1% of people driving 4 wheeled (or more) vehicles pay attention at all. In that section of Interstate, the mode seems to be smart phone glued to face, left foot on the dash (must smell bad), other hand used to conduct hand and arms signals to their rear view mirror. Madness continues.

When in RIGHT lane, pass aggressively, reestablish moving patrol base in the fast left lane if possible, one notch over if needed. Always move 2-3 MPH faster than traffic and NEVER LET YOUR GUARD DOWN. Do you think the turd driving the rig even knew, and how many cagers went by before anyone even realized what happened on that 80 MPH (reality is 90 MPH) chunk of road.

This crap really pisses me off!!!

And we'll never know what the rider saw. I feel so badly for him and his loved ones.

I could be wrong, because I have no survey to back this up, but I do think that people have forgotten their humanity while on the roadways. It's as if life is a video game and there is a reset button, but their isn't a reset button.

foundationapps

I'd agree with that. It's a very superficial society, usual terminal guidance is by smartphone / texting / social media.

We sure are at a disadvantage while riding.

I try to keep reminding myself to pay attention. I admit that sometimes other things engage my brain and I'm startled when I refocus.

Sorry to hear about the rider involved in that situation.

On the way to pick up Foot's GS last week, I tried to pass a vehicle in the right lane and he just kept speeding up. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Later on, I had an opportunity to do so, and when looking into his vehicle I realized he didn't want me to see what activity in which his female passenger was engaged.

Driving with the knees while drinking coffee and reading the paper is not uncommon around here. :dopeslap:

Archived