IGNORED

Wear bars?

elkroeger

I saw this today. Never seen anything like it. Brings new meaning to the term "wear bar"..

If that weren't enough, note the portable battery jump start gizmo bungee corded to the seat...

20150706_075622%255B1%255D.jpg

Guess he don't lean much. :/ Weird how the lines are completely strait. Maybe something like stick on tattoos or fake scaring going on to impress his friends?

Pat

Glenn Reed

When I zoom way in on the picture, it almost looks like the tread was cut away on the center stripe. There seems to be a shoulder where the tread meets the cords.

Joe Frickin' Friday
Guess he don't lean much. :/ Weird how the lines are completely strait. Maybe something like stick on tattoos or fake scaring going on to impress his friends?

Pat

I'm thinking he did a lot of burnouts, i.e. lock up the front wheel and spin the rear until you vaporize $100 worth of tread.

Certainly it's worn, as opposed to deliberately cut away. Although he may indeed have done a lot of burn out time. But on the other hand, it's not a freshly trashed tire either. He's clearly been riding it that way for a while. The steel belts were rather well polished.

I suspect that I've met the owner. If it's him, I bump into him once in a while, and he's just the nicest guy. Happy as hell to see me, even if we don't know each other's names. Local boy, and yes, he's spent ALL of his tire money on tattoos. All of it.

I thought he said his bike was blue though. The paint color didn't come through very well, as I had to over expose the rest of the shot to get that tire to look right with the direct sunlight. It's sort of a metallic brick red.

Archived