IGNORED

R1200RT mirror solution

bigwally

I've read but can't remember what mirrors folks have found to mount nicely in the '05-'09 R1200RT handlebar brackets and offer good rearward visibility since the OEM mirrors rearward view is partially obstructed by the rider's arms & bike's saddlebags. Seems like it was GS or GT mirrors of certain model years. I'd appreciate a reminder of what I need to search for as a solution to the poor rearward visibility on my '08 RT. Thanks, chipwalter@msn.com

Round GS mirrors or the (IMO, better looking) oval K12RS mirrors (the lateral part of the stem between the K12RS mirror and the base has two arms with a gap between -- the choice is a matter of aesthetic taste). Both work; my wife prefers the tall round GS mirror on her R12RT.

I added the GS mirrors and really like the two mirror system. I use the regular RT mirrors pointed outward to help rid the blind spots and the higher mirrors for a wider behind view. Either way when jumping lanes I still turn around and look but the two mirrors do help to keep me aware of the "Nascar" fans doing lane jumping.

Thanks for the feedback. I assume the GS mirrors both responders are referring to are from the same hexhead/generation as the RT in question. That being the '05-'09 generation.

Thanks for the feedback. I assume the GS mirrors both responders are referring to are from the same hexhead/generation as the RT in question. That being the '05-'09 generation.

Yes.

Ditto :thumbsup:

It was your post Roy that got me turned on to the set-up! Great instructions and one of the few that work with the V-stream windshield. Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the insight. I added the K bike mirrors sometime back. I like'em. Your comment about working with the V-Stream windscreen got my attention. I've thought of changing out mine, but that is down the wishlist priority. I ride a lot, two up and the the high mirrors let me see around the pillion. That extra rear-view has helped alot.

Archived