IGNORED

r1200 gs rallye

RosBos

Pretty sure it's some sort of scam, just posted it up for a little chuckle. :) Does make you curious though. :S

Pat

As per Kelley Blue Book. Trade in value is $10,800, Retail is $14,590. At that mileage I'd make sure all the services are accounted for and hit them between the numbers mentioned above at $12,700 and see what they say. That's my two cents.

Also, if you plan on traveling with it, with the Vario cases, I'd see if they'd give me a great deal on a Vario Top Case. Or if they're unwilling to come down from their asking price see if they'll throw the top case in as part of the deal. Again, just my two cents.

A good suggestion.

If it is the deal maker, pretty sure they'd sell the top case at cost to move the bike.

I woulda...

I may have confused the story with the picture I posted for comparison. No top case and no rack which is weird on the bike from VT. The OP's bike had a top case.

Pat

Local dealer has one, 2012 (the only year they were made, I think),

Known in the industry as a "runout model." Last year of production and everyone knows it, so some special paint, etc., to help move the last ones.

:D, Pat, you did confuse it a bit it looks like. Thank you all for the input, I will offer this local dealer my RT and some $ and see where it goes from there...

If that doesn't work I will blindly send this guy money (http://omaha.craigslist.org/mcy/5065928103.html) as he swears that he is in US military, currently serving in Poland, getting ready to fight Russians in Ukraine, and he will promptly ship bike to my home from storage facility in Texas..

Thanks TEWKS, I did mistake your photo as being the bike for sale. Thanks for the clarification. Disregard my comment about the top case.

LOL, RosBos, I just reread your post. That's pretty funny.... Almost took you serious for a moment...

Well, dealer didn't accept my offer, so I will wait...

Yeah, that old 'currently deployed overseas, bike must go, will ship from storage facility...' scam. I hope no one is so naive. It is far better to wait for some Moroccan prince to leave his wealth to you (perfect stranger), then you can buy all BMW's you want :D

Archived