IGNORED

GS-911 Fault

Steve Kolenda

Steve Kolenda

Recently I had Wilbur shocks put on my 2011 R1200RT and today I went in with my GS-911 to reset my service date and at the same time ran an Autoscan. The autoscan came back with a fault that is currently present. 41775 "Rear rebound adjustment, open-circuit". Anyone have Wilburs installed and see this fault?

If you changed from an ESA shock to a manual adjuster, this code is to be expected - there is no longer an electrical connection to the damping adjuster.

If your ESA adjuster was transferred to the new shock, the simplest thing to check would be to trace the wire from the bottom of the shock and verify that it is firmly plugged into the wiring harness. On my '06, it is the white plug under the rider's seat on the right side frame rail (the blue one is for spring preload).

Beyond that, I'd let the shop that installed the Wilburs look at it. They may have damaged the (skinny) wires during installation. It is very difficult to get your fingers on that plug. If the installer tugged on the wires before the release catch was fully depressed, they could have broken the wire inside the insulation.

Archived