IGNORED

Interchangeability

MT Wallet

szurszewski
Looking at the fiche on MAX BMW, no. 1100RT is part #46632313682. 1150RT is 46637651244.

Well, of course they are different parts - they have completely different lighting setups for one thing, and several other key differences....but that doesn't *necessarily* mean you can't swap one for the other... (though I would be really surprised to learn that you could - at least without a lot of work/mods).

Are you wanting the newer lights, or do you just happen to have one kind of fairing and the other kind of bike?

I was curious about the "look" and the light. I was standing next to one at the UN and a bike that was identical to mine and just wondered "Why not?"

I was curious about the "look" and the light. I was standing next to one at the UN and a bike that was identical to mine and just wondered "Why not?"

While the side panels of the R11/R1150 line up the same, there must be detailed differences below the skin because they use fairing support frames with different part numbers. It would be interesting to see if someone like beemerboneyard has a fairing subframe from both bikes and could eyeball them to see whether there are any differences that are significant.

One place whether I could see that being the case is the dash and the dash cover -- these parts were restyled on the 1150, and it's possible their mounting holes were moved, requiring a different bracket.

There is also no question that there are wiring harness differences, as the 1150 has the two upper fog lights and dash switch not found on the 1100.

Archived