IGNORED

Iron Butt Rally 2015

AnotherLee

Jon Good is also a member here, although he doesn't post very much. He rides two up with Ande Bergman. I happened to meet them on the road in Spring of 2013. I was on my way back from HelenBack, and they had competed in the Rally The Void that same weekend.

She is well positioned at this point.

They are starting to close in on Kingston right now. Will be interesting to see her position on tomorrows report.

GO KT :clap:

She is well positioned at this point.

They are starting to close in on Kingston right now. Will be interesting to see her position on tomorrows report.

GO KT :clap:

And she was well positioned!

Go KT :thumbsup:

Glenn Reed

I keep watching to see if anyone is going to go to the Hampton National Historical Site a few miles from me, but I keep missing them.

This page has countdown timers to the checkpoint as well as DNF, the Spot info Bill just posted, and a map of where all the bonuses are. Kind of cool to have it all aggregated.

The FJR Forum (as they usually do) has a great thread discussing/speculating on who's doing well, which strategies will play out, and of course bashing BMW's for not finishing. Doesn't help that there have already been a couple of BMW's drop out, including a bone stock, almost brand new K1600GTL Executive.

I know two of our members also post over there, so this isn't news to them... (Hi Lee and Scott!)

roadscholar

Just thought a jump-start to the proceedings was in order, epic stuff going on here. Our man Larry M. is 51st after leg 2 on his wethead GSA (prob has @ 40k on it by now) but he's still learning, a deer knocked him out of the '13 rally on day 1. Wishing him a good result but more importantly, safe return.

A few pearls from Day 9 report..

“The Days Inn sign said Free Breakfast. We should stop there and eat."

'Harrison and Hobart have constructed a sign that reads “You’re a Girl” to flash at Lisa every time she asks why men don’t listen to what she says.'

It ain't Higdon but it's gettin there. :grin:

My favorite line from an earlier report so far was:

Al Holtsberry calling from Beatty, Nevada, reported the temp in Death Valley was 122, but “felt warmer.”

:/

Glenn Reed

Kirsten (Ktsridin here on the board) is currently in 5th place and Jon/Ande are in 16th as well.

Best wishes to all the riders.

Couple of riders heading W on I 64 this morning. Went out and rode a few miles with one of them. Can't tell from Spot number who it was. Black RT.

The FJR Forum (as they usually do) has a great thread discussing/speculating on who's doing well, which strategies will play out, and of course bashing BMW's for not finishing.

Will it is over and almost all made it back to the barn!

Fun reading the real time action this morning on the FJR forum link Glenn introduced me to. :thumbsup:

You are quite welcome Bob. One of the posts from this morning explicitly said that Kirsten got to the final checkpoint on time, and she even picked up a few more bonii on her way to the barn!

Looking forward to the report tonight, and to see how our folks did.

More good writing from Chris. Damn it, he got me. Ima gonna be singing this tune all weekend, because I know it like the back of my hand...

"Nancy Lefcourt couldn’t help but hear the Harry Chapin classic 30,000 Pounds of Bananas as she rode into Scranton, Pennsylvania. Couldn’t get it out of her head in fact. And now you can’t, either."

Jake,

I remember that one too, might even have it on LP. :dopeslap:

Last summer my younger son and I were on our way home from Western PA to Baltimore, when traffic came to a grinding halt just west of Cumberland MD. Later we learned that the cause was a tractor trailer that caught fire on the interstate, carrying about 30,000 pounds of, in this case, cantaloupes.

News Story Here.

Except for the additional four hours or so it added to our trip, it was faintly amusing.

• 2 weeks later...

FINALLY getting back online - thanks everyone - it was an epic ride. I spent the majority of Leg 1 on the side of my tires. When given the option between big highways (the usual routes for a rally) and curvy mountain roads, I chose the squiggly lines :)

Cheers all,

Kirsten

Archived