IGNORED

2nd bike

Knobby10

I'm thinking of adding an R1200R to my garage in addition to my Harley Streetglide. Other than the weight I have no real complaint with the Harley. I do feel more of a Beemer crowd connection than the Harley bunch---not that there is anything wrong with that--anyway, I'm having trouble with the thought of having two bikes but on the other hand I can't get the idea out of my head. Help, I need a bike shrink!!

TIA

Knobby

I'm having trouble with the thought of having two bikes but on the other hand I can't get the idea out of my head. Help, I need a bike shrink!!

I have a couch.....in the garage....next to....my five motorcycles.....D'oh! :dopeslap:

Two is a pretty safe number, you'll be fine. :thumbsup:

Pat

I'm having trouble with the thought of having two bikes but on the other hand I can't get the idea out of my head. Help, I need a bike shrink!!

I have a couch.....in the garage....next to....my five motorcycles.....D'oh! :dopeslap:

Two is a pretty safe number, you'll be fine. :thumbsup:

Pat

I have a refrigerator....in the garage....next to....my six motorcycles.... (well, I have two, wife has three and son has one, but you get the idea).

Motorrad polygamy has been practiced for many decades, and unlike other forms, is not considered "taboo" by most of the population!

I like having 2 bikes. The nice thing for my selection is that my 2nd bike cost me almost nothing to register/insure......its like $8-9 a month for only liability, and $18 a year for registration. I'm not sure I would want a 2nd bike sitting around if I had to pay for full coverage on it as my GS already costs more to insure than my newer Jeep Wrangler.

If finances allow, try it for a year and see how it works out. I don't think I know anybody who decided go back to one bike after having two.

Don't bother with the shrink, having more than one bike is actually good therapy and will cost you less than seeing a shrink. You have more things to do on the bikes to keep them in tiptop shape, you think about taking all of them for rides, you look for things to buy each of them. No time left to worry about life's other problems which results in you being happier.

I have had my HD for 15 years and never thought about another bike until I ended up looking at a better handling touring bike and found an RT at a real attractive price. Then I found another RT this spring at an attractive price. I originally intended on selling the first RT but just can't do it. Presently looking at either an 800GS or a K1300GT just because. More is better!

szurszewski
Don't bother with the shrink, having more than one bike is actually good therapy and will cost you less than seeing a shrink. You have more things to do on the bikes to keep them in tiptop shape, you think about taking all of them for rides, you look for things to buy each of them. No time left to worry about life's other problems which results in you being happier.

I have had my HD for 15 years and never thought about another bike until I ended up looking at a better handling touring bike and found an RT at a real attractive price. Then I found another RT this spring at an attractive price. I originally intended on selling the first RT but just can't do it. Presently looking at either an 800GS or a K1300GT just because. More is better!

Hmmm - I note that he doesn't say how his wife feels about this more is better philosophy ;)

To the OP - are you married? :)

To Keith - I went from two bikes back to one (my wife, who bought me the second bike, which is the one I still have - tried to talk me out of it, for the record); it would be cool to still have the one I sold, but life isn't any worse for only having one, and I do have more garage space and do spend less time on maintenance (which means the little free time I have can be devoted more to riding).

That said, no reason not to have two if you can afford it. You have more than one hat, right? There are lots of things we have multiples of that we don't really need multiples of - and in most cases it's not a bad thing.

josh

Hey Knobby - the R1200R is a fine bike. It does have a much higher center of gravity than an HD so at slower speeds it can be unstable if you are not used to it. Other than that I think you will also be impressed with the torque it has at 70 mph and up. To me it also handles better but that could just be my lack of skill speaking. Either way, if you can make the purchase, I think you will be happy. When I got my first R1100R I had a Honda Shadow 1100 Spirit in the garage. After the first year of ownership on the R1100R, I got on the Honda and realized that in one year I had only put 500 miles on it and the Beemer had about 4500. I then sold the Honda.

I'm lucky, the wife is always supportive to my whims. I rode a Yamaha FJ09 and liked it pretty well but, chain drive and no cruise. I rode the R1200RS and it was too "bent over" for my old bones. I could never master the Master Yoda riding position so i'm back to the naked R. I'm waiting for the Indy dealer to get a white premium model in. The color scheme is very similar to the color of my Ducati. Stay tuned, I think you guys have removed my guilt of being a multiple bike owner.

excellent progress on your "problem"! Keep us posted so we can be jealous. This in turn will cause more of us to be on the lookout for another bike.

excellent progress on your "problem"! Keep us posted so we can be jealous. This in turn will cause more of us to be on the lookout for another bike.

And then you need to add pictures as well! :rofl:

Two bikes ? You have four listed. :S

Anyway, don't be concerned about two machines, as soon as you get some miles on the Beemer, the hd will be gone. :grin:

As of last year, for the first time in some 50 - maybe 60 - years, I'm back down to one bike. Yeah, it feels strange.

You'll be fine with two!

Archived