IGNORED

Dzus Fasteners

Trajan

I have an R1200RT and pulling the panels off with those screws is getting to be a pain.

I would like to install Dzus Fasteners on the panels to make this easier and faster. Has anyone done this? What is involved?

I have an R1200RT and pulling the panels off with those screws is getting to be a pain.

I would like to install Dzus Fasteners on the panels to make this easier and faster. Has anyone done this? What is involved?

Afternoon Trajan

It will be difficult to do in some locations as there just isn't much real-estate on the panels or in the screw locations under the panels.

You still have the tank rack to remove (not sure how you would install Dzus Fasteners on that). Same with the glove box surround screws (not much real-estate there either)

First you would need to find some tiny Dzus Fasteners that have the correct lengths to reach through the panel & into solid meat underneath.

Might be easier just to carry a small right angle electric screwdriver with proper bits.

aggieengineer

Having installed lots of Dzus fasteners in airplanes, I can assure you that you will never recoup the time invested. Pull the plastic off a Yamaha sometime and you will appreciate how easy it is on a BMW. Especially putting it back on. Very thoughtful design in my opinion.

With a low torque electric screw gun takes 10 minutes to do both sides. Screw fasteners have been fairly easy

+1 on this one. When installing the panels/screws back on, make sure that you seat each screw by hand first before applying the electric screw driver...

Archived