IGNORED

Help with AF-XIED

Onegrecook

I installed the AF-XIED on my 2015 R1200RT. Both units work and the lights flash 7 times. When I hook the GS 911 up to monitor the voltage from both Lambda 1 and 2, it says both are 3299 mv and the engine idles poorly and then dies. any ideas what this means? not sure what i'm doing wrong.

Thanks for your help.

Correct...I've checked, and double checked the connections. I have both ground wires attached to the negative terminal of the battery. The units are extemely intuitive and easy to install. I don't see how anyone could mess it up. There really is only one way they can be connected.

I've been in contact with Steve from Nightrider. He has been very willing to help and actually said he is working on a firmware update that he feels confident will fix the issue. I've really appreciated his willingness to help.

Hoping that will work.

roger 04 rt

Steve is a good guy and I'm sure he'll figure this out. I try to help Steve where I can. Could you set up the GS-911 to capture 3 minutes of data and email it to me? The basic procedure is let the motor cool overnight, set up the GS-911 to log to CSV, start the motor, let it idle for a few minutes, stop logging and save the file. I've looked at a lot of data and may spot something.

Usually with such a high voltage at the input it is lack of a ground. You're correct that the install is easy and intuitive but I asked about grounding because several were installed incorrectly: e.g. ungrounded frame connections, screws that didn't make full contact, even one connected to the positive terminal. Murphy said it, "What can go wrong, will go wrong."

I had both sides grounded to the negative terminal on the battery. Steve emailed me and said he is working on a firmware update that he feels will fix the issue. I've un-installed the unit since the last ride as I could barely keep the bike running. I did log some GS-911 data while the unit was installed and I can email that to you. I'll send you an inbox message.

Let me know if you see anything that doesn't look right. The voltages stay at 3,299 mV. The data I logged included startup and a short ride, so I'm not sure if that will hinder your ability to analyze the results. Also...I did try several ground locations just to rule that out and nothing changed with the way the bike ran.

Thank you,

roger 04 rt

Saw your photos, everything looks good. Maybe the GS-911 logs will tell us something. The high voltage suggests something is forcing the O2 sensor input very high. If the logs don't show anything some voltage measurements will.

Archived