IGNORED

R1150R muffler removed straight pipe.

motorman587

Not uncommon on the GS, using a tailpipe end that turns downward (toward the pavement) to dissipate the worst of the "bark" -- you know how those LEO's can be. ;)

Not uncommon on the GS, using a tailpipe end that turns downward (toward the pavement) to dissipate the worst of the "bark" -- you know how those LEO's can be. ;)

Came up on a GS running a straight pipe a few weeks ago. Not only was it loud (and I grew up on harley's and duc's), it was obnoxiously, ear splitting, give me a freaking migraine loud!

I passed him as fast as I could . My gawd Magnum did it hurt my head.

I bet it's not good for exhaust scavenging either and a performance hit.

Indy

[hyjack]There are enough old timers in this thread to cause me to hoist a glass in a toast. Nice to see a bunch of early numbers in one thread. [/hyjack]

Remember that girl in the movie Mar's Attacks, who had her head sewn onto the body of her little dog? That is what loud pipes are like on an RT. It is not an improvement.

I like the quietest exhaust I can get.

PLUS A BIG 1 to that! Noise is no indication of performance or the pleasure of riding. It also will irritate your neighbors when you start your bike at 5:30AM to go to work!

My favorite billboard of all time was by BMW in 2003 set up in Milwaukee... It was the hundredth anniversary of HD...

news070430hd.jpg

To further add to the above comments, it is other people that will hear your noise more than you....and believe me, they won't think it's 'neat'.

Archived