IGNORED

The Loss of one of BMWST's best friends

EffBee

We often talk about, "Can you feel the love." And that's usually reserved for our own members. But there's one outsider who has been as big a part of this family as anyone else, who has gone out of his way to help, who has spent money making his place our home away from home. Randy Austin, owner of the Chuckwagon Inn in Torrey, UT. I just got words that Randy, who has been fighting liver cancer, passed away peacefully this afternoon. Much more could be said, and perhaps it will be in time.. But right now I can only soften the loss of a personal friend and friend to this board by smiling at the thought that he and his beloved Claudia are together again.

Godspeed and a peaceful journey, dear friend.

Godspeed to Randy. I just know he is with Claudia right now surrounded by palm trees and white sand beaches with a smile on his face. He is at peace now. Hugs to all of his family.

Without the world he created for us, the hospitality, the caring....I'm not sure we'd have fallen so quickly under the spell of that place. If he is indeed with his true love again that would be most deserved. He's part of the lore of Torrey now.

Dennis Andress

Randy's hospitality was part of the magic of Torrey. I hope and pray he has found peace and happiness.

I'm sorry Fernando, and to all who knew him. So glad you had a chance to visit him at Torrey. Something tells me your ride to the Un will be a reflective one. I sure hope the memories cause a few giggles and smirks along the way.

Thanks Raaan. I still see you all the way in the back there.

See you next week.

To all who knew Randy, cherish the good/great memories. I wasn't so lucky, so maybe I'll hear a few stories at the UN.

Godspeed to Randy. I just know he is with Claudia right now surrounded by palm trees and white sand beaches with a smile on his face. He is at peace now. Hugs to all of his family.

Wow, what a loss to his family and us. :cry: Norah, you said it better than I ever could have.

JerryMather

I'll be leaving for Utah tomorrow & am planning on being with his friends & amily at his funeral on Monday afternoon. There should be at least one of us from around here to send him off. He did so much for us & considered us family.

He was a wonderful friend to all of us for a long time, I' already miss him & was planning on spending time with him next week anyway.

So sad.....

Dave McReynolds

Some of the high points of my motorcycling life were the treks to Torrey, and Randy was a big part of it with his hospitality. I'll remember him with warmth and fondness.

Lone_RT_rider

He treated us like royalty, even though we don't deserve it. When Mitch, Rainy and I stayed at the Chuckwagon, we never felt away from home.

RIP Randy.... Cancer is a thief, it can steal from you no more sir. :(

Shawn

Joe Frickin' Friday
Some of the high points of my motorcycling life were the treks to Torrey, and Randy was a big part of it with his hospitality. I'll remember him with warmth and fondness.

+1, and

He treated us like royalty, even though we don't deserve it. When Mitch, Rainy and I stayed at the Chuckwagon, we never felt away from home.

+1.

I don't have much more to offer than that. Randy was very forgiving; I know the BMWST family shuffled Chuckwagon reservations a lot, and not only was he kind enough to put up with it, he even kept a waiting list so that people who didn't/couldn't plan that far in advance could still enjoy the experience of staying there.

Thanks for all you did for us, Randy.

Archived