IGNORED

GIVI Rack on K1200RS?

Jim Moore

Jim,

The part is F680.

This requires removal of the stock rack from grab rail back.

It is very solid, mounts in several places (takes about 1/2 hour) allows GIVI w/10kg capacity. Ours(52L) fits 2 helmets, her jacket, gloves etc...or my helmet and jacket/gloves.

Try R&L motorycles over in Thomasville,Ga. (Richard was at the Winter Rally at Blanding) great service (no affiliation). They're having a sale.

www.cyclesaddles.com

13938978-M.jpg

California Sport Touring has the F680 listed on their webpage. I'm not really sure if the listed price is a good deal or not, but the only one I found on froogle was $125.

you can kind of see what it looks like in this pic of my 2000 k12.

IMG_1071.jpg

Try R&L motorycles over in Thomasville,Ga. (Richard was at the Winter Rally at Blanding) great service (no affiliation). They're having a sale.

I got both Givi racks -- one for the RT, and another when I got the RS -- from them, and got great service too.

One minor thing to know: the stock Wilbers rear preload mounting system will not fit in conjunction with the Givi mounting system. Someone handier than myself may be able to figure a way around that; I dumped the Givi mounting system and mounted the Givi rack to the stock rack.

Greg - would you have any pictures of that?

Maybe. I left a step out of that description, though, and my solution was... less than elegant.

I took a Best Rest Products rack for a K12RS. From there, because the lip interfered with the proper placement of the Givi mount, I used some rubber furniture foot pads to raise the Givi rack a bit. Then, I bolted the Givi rack down to the Best Rest plate, which was bolted onto the K12RS rack. Someone skilled could probably dup what the Best Rest folks do with their reinforced K12RS mount if they wanted to and do this all directly.

I did get occasional reports from people that the case seemed to rock around a bit while riding, but it lived for over 20,000 miles on the bike like that.

Archived