IGNORED

Uni-Go on a Camhead

kltk165

Anyone here pulling a Uni-Go trailer with a camhead? Was speaking to the folks at Uni-Go over the weekend and they told me they only make a hitch for 2005-2009 model RT and to check with Bushtec to see if they have a hitch that will work. Checked the Bushtec website and, while they do list hitches for the RT, they don't specify years of compatibility.

Pics of hitches on camhead's would be helpful. Thanks!

I pulled a Uni-Go with a camhead RT. Bushtec originally sold me an RT hitch, apparently unaware that the camheads picked up the butterfly valve in the exhaust, directly in the way of the hitch bar that reaches up the left to the left footage region.

Thereafter ensued a comedy of errors as they tried to modify the '05-'09 hitch to fit around the exhaust valve. I eventually ended up with a workable hitch, but it wasn't fun. I'd suggest calling them back and asking if they are still making the modified version that provides clearance for the later model's exhaust valve.

I looked high and low for one for my 2010 with no luck. Finally had to build my own. Very interesting project. Unfortunately I'm not too savvy on puters, so I can post pics. If I get time this weekend, I'll take some and email them to you. Feel free to post them here if anyone else is interested.

Thanks Hank. I appreciate the offer. Would like to see that. Feel free to email the pics to kltk1@hotmail.com

I do have a question Hank. On the exhaust side (Pic 2), it looks like a bar extends well past the passenger footrest. Where does that bar go? And where is it bolted to the bike? Thanks!

It goes to a bolt located about at 2 o'clock from the front foot peg. I used a longer bolt to pick up the hitch. I didn't realize the bike was so dirty until I saw the pix on here. Lately around here, if you want to ride, you have to do it in the rain.

Archived