IGNORED

Ohlins Shocks Purchase

Bob Atkinson

I plan to order a set of Ohlins for my 04 R1150RT from Hard

Racing products,LLC. Anyone had any dealing with them? They seem to have a good price, how is the service?

Racing products,LLC. Anyone had any dealing with them? They seem to have a good price, how is the service? [/quo

te]

If you haven't ordered yet, consider Kyle Racing. They were very helpful, they know their stuff and the price was good too.

If you want to get the most out of them, you need to buy them from someone that can set them up for your weight and riding style. Generally what you get off the shelf is a shock with a spring that is set for a 170 pound rider.

Racing products,LLC. Anyone had any dealing with them? They seem to have a good price, how is the service?

I had excellent service from Hard Racing. The changed the springs to my specs and I had the shocks in a week. Love them love them love them.

I got a pair of Ohlins from Kyle Racing in December. What a difference Ohlins make!

I do not want to hijack this discussion and will gladly start another if so advised but I am also considering Ohlins and have heard good things in general but what could I expect specifically? Smoother? Stiffer???

Bob,

Good deal on your new purchase thumbsup.gif.

If you ned installation instructions and, or set up instructions you may PM me. I have written an easy to follow procedure for both to help folks who have not done this before.

Likewise, I don't want to highjack this helpful discussion (it nice to know where to shop), but what am I missing with stock only shocks on my RT? Also, why are Ohlins so expensive?

Thanks for the help.

Peterh

Bob and Peter,

If it feels like a hijack, it probably is. smile.gif

Feel free to start your own thread or try a search and you'll have a veritable novel's worth of information on your hands.

Thanks!

Archived