IGNORED

Is this correct for Fuel Pressure Regulator

DaveyMac

Can someone confirm this for me,I did a search and got 2 answers? I forgot and didn't mark lines when removed dopeslap.gif I'm suffering form CRS eek.gif

57407808-M.jpg

Also the connections at injectors, are they suppose to be hard plastic or soft?

DaveyMac,

I just almost finished my fuel filter change. I made the mistake of using a set of duck bill pliers to remove line 1 in the drawing. I did not realize it was such thinwall plastic and I tore it.

To replace this line, it looks like I'll have to expose the fuel pressure regulator. Did that require removing the airbox assembly? I was almost done with my 24k servicing and everything went well except for this problem.

John S Boise

To replace this line, it looks like I'll have to expose the fuel pressure regulator. Did that require removing the airbox assembly?

bncry.gifThat stinks YES You Do !Ya have to Rasie the sub frame.

Pull back the air box to slip it out.

Dave

John,

You'll find that's a pricey little part too.

13 53 7 664 855 FUEL DISTRIBUTOR $89.00 list $71.20 at Chicago BMW.

I have a new one in the garage if you can't find one and you need it fast.

Mick

Ouch! I have a pretty good piece of tubing sticking out, maybe I can find some type of plastic tubing fitting. Unfortunately, there isnt much room. I wonder what the other end of the plastic tubing looks like.. Is there some kind of nipple on the FPR? John S Boise

Ouch! I have a pretty good piece of tubing sticking out, maybe I can find some type of plastic tubing fitting. Unfortunately, there isnt much room. I wonder what the other end of the plastic tubing looks like.. Is there some kind of nipple on the FPR? John S Boise

Nope,

It looks molded. Depending on where you damaged it, some have repaired the plastic by inserting two short sections of thinwall tubing in the plastic tubing. Cut away the bad section and put a short piece of hose over it and clamp at the inserted tubing sections.

I'll stop by and give you a hand in July...... smile.gif

Mick

Ouch! I have a pretty good piece of tubing sticking out, maybe I can find some type of plastic tubing fitting. Unfortunately, there isn't much room. I wonder what the other end of the plastic tubing looks like.. Is there some kind of nipple on the FPR? John S Boise

Nope,

It looks molded. Depending on where you damaged it, some have repaired the plastic by inserting two short sections of thinwall tubing in the plastic tubing. Cut away the bad section and put a short piece of hose over it and clamp at the inserted tubing sections.

I'll stop by and give you a hand in July...... smile.gif

Mick

I'd wave the flag of caution a bit. The is some pretty good pressure on the input side. Which one is torn? The issue with splicing in a piece of hose that I see is that there would be no expanded portion of the semi-ridged pipe where you cut it out (like the far factory end of the piping has) for a clamped on hose to keep from working off the end over time. Which would not be a pretty thing to happen. It's not like clamping down on metal pipe or anything. I'd bite the bullet and buy the regulator if it was me.

I'd wave the flag of caution a bit. The is some pretty good pressure on the input side.

I don't usually go with the cautionary side of things but in this case....

I failed to get the clamp on the left side fuel injector line clamped correctly last time I had the bike apart and let me tell you...Ken is right...when that line came loose it sprayed an AMAZING amount of fuel out before the bike died. tongue.gif

And...I really enjoyed taking the tupperware off and fixing on the side of I-5... eek.gifeek.gif

For me, that's not a part worth cheapskating on.

Just my $.02...good luck with whatever you do.

Cameron

Thanks for the advice. I have a great fluid control type of warehouse locally that specializes in this sort of thing. A hundred ponds of fuel pressure is nothing compared to normal 3000 pound hydraulic pressures. I visualize a ferrule type fitting with a properly sized hose barb for the flex line running to the tank. That way I am not depending on a clamp which would just crush the plastic tubing, without the brass, ribbed ferrule the factory heat shrank inside the original.

On another note, there has been some discussion about the installation of an external fuel filter and the possibility of it bursting. If you look at the wall thickness of the tubing I am dealing with, the strength of a metal filter is way greater than this puny plasic line. If I had my way, the whole bike would have hard lines like the brake system. thumbsup.gif

If I had my way, the whole bike would have hard lines like the brake system.

That would definately Rock!

Sounds like you have a good handle on things...if you think about it let me know how that turns out.

Take Care

Cameron

Archived