IGNORED

2015 RT- lot less space! Centech mounting?

TrickLidz

My 15 has hardly any storage space under the seats compared to the old 06. I need to mount a Centech AP-2 somewhere. Any ideas?

TIA

'Lidz

Yep! Under the pillion seat. I made some modifications to my Centech first though, and that is to remove the 4 stand-offs and heavily insulate the back of the circuit board against accidental short circuiting!

The stand-offs are easily removed by grasping each one very firmly with a pair of pliers, and giving it a rotation to free it from the hole in the circuit board. Be careful that you don't crack the board! For insulating the back of the circuit board, I applied a very thick layer of epoxy (JB Weld, because I had it handy), and then when that have cured fully, I place a pad of velcro on the surface. The mating velcro pad goes on the rear fender. If you look, you will see that there is a perfect spot on top of the rear fender. Works really well for me.

What auxiliary electrical devices do you guys use your Centech AP-2 for? Just curious. I haven't done any long-distance touring yet, but I'm thinking about what might be handy to have, and how I'd power it.

I was undecided about using the Centech at all, since I just wants to power up the Clearwater Krista lights and my Valentine one. I could have just wired the Clearwater harness directly to the battery, and find a place to tap into for the power for V1. OTOH, while I had the tupperwares off, I figured that I might as well wire in the Centech.....just in case I want to wire up something else later.

I was undecided about using the Centech at all, since I just wants to power up the Clearwater Krista lights and my Valentine one. I could have just wired the Clearwater harness directly to the battery, and find a place to tap into for the power for V1. OTOH, while I had the tupperwares off, I figured that I might as well wire in the Centech.....just in case I want to wire up something else later.

Just wondering why you didn't get the canopener?

I did! I used the trigger output from the Canopener to trigger the relay for the switched circuit on the Centech. BTW, the brake light output from the Canopener is really handy. I wired that up to the aux. LED brake light of my top-box, and it is now active as running light as well as brake light, with programmable flashing.

Archived