IGNORED

Stoppie school?

fourteenfour

szurszewski

That looks safer than when I leanred to do a stoppie on my R60 - by looking at a field instead of watching for traffic stopping ahead. I was so busy listening to the screeching coming from the tires of the car behind me, and staring at the bumper I was getting very close to, that I didn't notice my back end was even in the air - until it came down. That was the end of day one of my first ride to Alaska. I paid better attention the rest of the trip :)

All the years I rode, I never did a stoppie. Close as I could come was locking the front wheel. Must be a defect in the bikes I was riding.

That looks safer than when I leanred to do a stoppie on my R60 - by looking at a field instead of watching for traffic stopping ahead. I was so busy listening to the screeching coming from the tires of the car behind me, and staring at the bumper I was getting very close to, that I didn't notice my back end was even in the air - until it came down. That was the end of day one of my first ride to Alaska. I paid better attention the rest of the trip :)

I bet you are not interested in practicing that are you. :grin:

"I just feel so safe on there, fantastic!"

Yeah - because doing steppes and wheelies is ALL about being safe. Got it!

Disclaimer: While I've never done stoppies (on purpose, anyway) I'm afraid that in my misguided youth I was known to ride the uni-motorcycle from time to time. But never more than 17 miles at a time....

Guest Kakugo
Training wheels for squids!!

Indeed. :grin:

I used to do them all the time when I had my Suzuki two stroke. Combination of light weight, good brakes and pretty stiff fork springs helped. Then I realized stopping the ordinary way was just more effective. ;)

Archived