IGNORED

Barber Vintage Festival -- Oct 9-11

walton66

http://barbervintagefestival.org/

On my trip last month, I made a detour due to weather and spent a day and a half at the Barber Museum and watching the vintage sports cars racing at the race track. I didn't spend near enough time at the museum, I was walking around in a daze most of the time looking at all the stuff. I'm pretty sure I'm going to ride up from Florida for the vintage festival Oct 9-11. It's only a short time after the FART, but if anyone is interested in riding along, let me know, I'll probably leave the Titusville area the morning of Oct 8 and ride straight through if my wife doesn't go, or stop somewhere if she does. I've a route in mind but am open to suggestions from company.

Glenn Reed

A friend from Ohio had suggested that event for a nice Fall ride. Obviously we would be coming the opposite direction, so no opportunity to ride together, but maybe we will see you there!

Look for State Route 25 just before you get to Leeds from Vincent - the section heading NW after Vandiver is called the "Mini-Dragon" and traverses Double Oak Mountain. A pleasantly surprising road, and worth the little detour.

70px-Alabama_25.svg.png

• 4 months later...

Probably too late but when in Vincent DO THE SPEED LIMIT!

ALL 4 OF EM.

SPEED TRAP...... 50-45-35-45-35-45-50 And the second 35 sign (southbound on 231) is obstructed by a tree branch.

When you see 45 just keep it on 35 until you see 50.

Archived