IGNORED

Sena smh10 pairing w/zumo550&xm radio help

RLJ

I did a search but couldn't find an answer. I have switched from autocom to the Sena smh10 to get rid of wires. I have the headset paired with a I phone and Garmin zumo550 and it all seems to be working with the exception of being able to hear the Xm radio thru the Garmin. I am hoping that someone else has experienced this and has a solution.

Thanks Kathy. I was finally able to reach a tech at Sena and found out I would need a sm10 dongle to make it work because the Xm antenna is wired.

RLJ

I have the same setup as you. Instead of purchasing Sena's SM10, I bought a Taotronics TT - BA 01 bluetooth transmitter. you can find them all day long on ebay for anywhere between $25 and $35. It is small and the battery lasts for about 5 hours. I also installed a USB charger for longer rides and I just plug it in when the battery dies and it works while it is charging. I also just noticed on ebay that Sears is selling a similar product that accepts two pairings as opposed to Taotronics only accepting one pairing. Although, if you have two Sena SMH10s, you can run the sound from your Zumo, including XM through your Sena unit to your passenger's Sena Unit. I do this when my wife is riding with me.

DITTO on the Taotronics TT - BA 01.

I have one w/SMH10, made a cable for my Radar Det & Phone to the dongle. I get the radar audio & GPS app. audio ( Also music from phone if I ever decide to do that).

Still have phone paired separately for calls etc...

• 1 month later...

I was a very early adopter of the Zumo 550. In fact, I was the first Moderator on the Zimo forums.

I was not aware that the Zumo was capable of receiving Sirius/Xm radio.

Learn something every day.

I was a very early adopter of the Zumo 550. In fact, I was the first Moderator on the Zimo forums.

I was not aware that the Zumo was capable of receiving Sirius/Xm radio.

Learn something every day.

Well, it is NOT! Which was what my phone call was based on soon after my purchase of the very expensive Zumo 550 many years ago. All the advertisements led you to believe it was XM ready.

You have to buy the optional external XM reciever. Yes, receiver, as what most consider the "satellite antenna" is also the receiver. There is nothing in the Zumo to receive these signals and process them. All it does is display information from the receiver and the buttons/screen would interact with the separate receiver. Which works but required another expensive and hard to mount part. I felt that it was deceptive advertising then and still do.

realshelby...

Perhaps I was too subtle in my attempt at irony in my previous posts. Of course

the 550 does not receive... process and display- yes, but you must have the "puck".

RLJ,

Sorry I was late in seeing this. How goes it with receiving the XM sound?

I glad you weighed in. I still was not able to get XM radio to the sena. I was able to sync the sena to the taotronics dongle and plugged it into the port on the Garmin mount but could not receive sound. I'm sure there is something I'm not doing right and hopefully you can clue me in.

Just got back from a 7 day ride but didn't use the sena. I will try your suggestion of syncing the dongle after plugged in Ron. Other than that is there anything else you can think of?

Archived