IGNORED

new bmw owner 96 r100rt

Mike7051

just wanted to say hi to everyone. ive wanted a bmw for a long time always kind of shyed away from them because of maintinence ive always had vfr's. well i found a craigslist deal i couldnt pass up a super nice 1996 r1100rt with 121,000 she has had 2 owners both took great care of her and i love it. and she was all mine for 2k

foundationapps

Sounds like an excellent find. As you wander through the web of falling in love with that beast, shoot questions here in the Oilhead Forum. Since I got my 98 RT, this site has saved numerous trips to the nearest BMW shop, 250 miles away. Did all the work myself except changing tire rubber. Welcome. To quote someone else here, it's all about Gas n Tires, gas n tires. Ride well.

Check the Hall Sensor and the belt. Those are the two things that have put me and my 1996 R1100RT on the side of the road.

x2

after a tow over a HES this last weekend. I got stopped at one crawling-traffic wreck on the Interstate, and my HES never got over it.

Oil temp NEVER got in the red, but did get one bar off. I usually run five bars at normal op. Next rainstorm, bike wouldn't crank, no spark, no injector signal. $1100 at the dealership, to fix it. Solutions on bmwst for much less.

Welcome to the asylum... ask any question. someone here will either know an answer or at least make up something pretty good sounding..

Archived