IGNORED

Lowering a R1150GS ADV ????????

mtwillyman

I'm 5' 7" tall with a 29" inseam. I have the BMW Low seat installed and my ADV is too tall for me. I love this bike and would like to lower it 2". I am considering having Wilbers make me custom shocks and installing a R1150GS centerstand. If anyone has info on my situation I'd appreciate any help. Thanks in advance.

There are companies that offer aftermarket paralevers that can lower the bike. I remember seeing one that was adjustable, but I just did a quick search and couldn't find it.

I have no idea how much it might allow you to lower the bike. Maybe a custom built one would be cheaper than custom shocks?

pete

The prior owner of my '04 Adventure installed Ohlins that were lowered approx. 3/4" over stock Adv shocks. The ride is awesome, but it still leaves a pretty tall bike even for my 34" inseam.

One additional point: With the lower shocks and a full gas tank, my bike was almost impossible to pull onto the Adventure's taller-than-standard GS centerstand. I recently removed the centerstand and had a welding shop cut 1" from the hight of the stand. After the reinstall (and lubing the pivot point), the bike goes onto the centerstand with about 80% less effort. cool.gif

Well, I just ordered a set of Wilbers from Klaus. He's making them so my bike will be 2" lower. Bought a 2000 R1150GS centerstand off Ebay for $57.00 delivered. Hopefully this will make my bike more enjoyable. thanks for the advice. now how do I put the centerstand on it?????????

Archived