IGNORED

Nice to know (Garmin Nav5)

hefy_jefy

Just got back from a 7000+ miles return ride across the U.S. on my 2014 R1200RT. The bike performed brilliantly. One amusing note: Because the Garmin Nav5 is quite closely integrated with the bike it sets the bike clock as you cross time zones. This leads to an interesting situation when your arrival time at a destination in the next time zone as shown on the GPS can be before the time shown on the bike's clock.

Geoff

realshelby

You can have the bikes clock show GPS time or you can set it to be just another timekeeper changed only by your input.

I like the GPS function personally, I can't keep up with where time zones change. I need to make myself learn more about the GPS functions, especially how to make the left hand control wheel do more with it.

I am in the garage cleaning my RT after a wet 3400 mile trip. They sure get dirty in hard to clean places! There may be a more comfortable bike on trips like this, but I don't see how they could be as much fun and satisfying to ride...

whitelightning99
You can have the bikes clock show GPS time or you can set it to be just another timekeeper changed only by your input.

I like the GPS function personally, I can't keep up with where time zones change. I need to make myself learn more about the GPS functions, especially how to make the left hand control wheel do more with it.

I am in the garage cleaning my RT after a wet 3400 mile trip. They sure get dirty in hard to clean places! There may be a more comfortable bike on trips like this, but I don't see how they could be as much fun and satisfying to ride...

+1

I inadvertently discovered the GPS time zone/clock sync this past weekend. On the first leg of my trip I didn't have the GPS installed since I knew where I was going...crossed from Central to Eastern. Noticed my smart phone change. Next day when I plugged the GPS in I saw the bike clock update. Put two and two together.

I couldn't agree more with Terry's comment about fun and satisfying. This was the forth road trip I've made on the bike and even through the torrential downpours on this last trip, I had a blast. This bike is addicting.

Had an '06 Mercedes that did this automatically, the 2007 doesn't. It's lots more dramatic when it's an analog clock ... suddenly the hands are moving on their own.

Archived