IGNORED

Hella Light Comparison

Francis

In looking to add additional lighting I have noticed that members of this BBS tend to use the Hella FF50. In researching the Hella site they also have the FF 75 and FF100. These lights seem also to have the curved reflector, clear lense and same bulb as the FF50.

The FF50 has a post and nut set-up for barcket mounting while the FF100 is lableld as having a multi-mounting capability (not sure what this is exactly.)

My question is can I (maybe even should I) use the FF100 lights on my 1150RT or should I use the FF50 lights? Advantages or disadvantages for each light.

My primary use for the lights is for night driving and for being able to see well down the road.

Thanks

Francis

The main reasons for the popularity of the FF50 series are the price and the size. I have a set on my K12RS, and they are great little lights for seeing way down the road.

The FF75 and FF100 are considerably larger, and may present more problem in mounting.

whatever you get make sure you get the driving pattern and not the fog pattern if you want them to extend down the road.

for what it's worth, i had the ff50's on my old bike and couldn't have been happier with them.

Just mounted FF50's due to recomendations from this board and the non availability of PIAA's.Haven't had a chance to put them to the test and line 'em up properly but the "bench test" looks great. thumbsup.gif

My main reason for wanting them is coming home in the dark during the winters here and keeping an eye on the wandering 'roos.

Cheers

My question is can I (maybe even should I) use the FF100 lights on my 1150RT or should I use the FF50 lights? Advantages or disadvantages for each light.

The FF50s for your 1150RT. thumbsup.gif

Archived