IGNORED

Pack Jack

ltljohn

If you have a chain drive bike without a center stand this is a great alternative while you are on the road. The Pack Jack fits under the rear axle bolt or a frame slider and lifts the rear wheel just enough to rotate the wheel for chain lube on the road. It even comes with a bag to put it in. I also use a velcro strap to hold the front brake while lifting. Simple, functional, reasonably priced. Not much more to say about it.

Looks like a cool solution for people w/o a center stand.

The price is even reasonable.

But $15 shipping and handling for something that weighs 10 ounces? OUCH!!!!!!

Call that extra profit margin.

It will fit in a USPS small flat rate box that ships anywhere in the us for $5.05 if the label is printed online.

Bill_Walker

I would assume, since I don't see any size selection or adjustment, that this device is suitable only for bikes running 17" rear tires. Don't plan on using it on your dual-sport bike. I like the concept, though.

It comes from Canada hence the shipping cost.

I always thought that NAFTA would make trade cheaper between the US and our favorite neighboring country to the North. :grin:

I took a different (really cheap) approach on my Kawasaki EX650. Since it has tubeless tires the small wooden brace is only needed to make lubing the chain a breeze.

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

You can't see it but the end that contacts the ground is angled to make full contact with the ground. My brace doesn't do well on the smooth surface in the garage but is great on the driveway's broom finish. Some type of none skid rubber pad on the garage floor will solve the slipping problem.

The bike stand works the best, but it doesn't fit neatly in my top box like the wooden brace.

orig.jpg

Archived