IGNORED

1150RT - Dual Spark Cable Connector Specs

Great White North

Great White North

Greetings all, I am looking for the specs for the 3 square crimp-on contacts found inside the end of the top spark plug wire connector(Part# 61 12 7 685 348) for my 2004 R1150RT. Had a mishap where I broke the connector, but the damage is limited to the 3 crimp-on contacts (probably 0.75 worth of components).. A new cable is $115 US !!

Contacts look something like this:

F3606875-01.jpg

There are 100's of these connectors out there, hoping someone has a part number of model number..

Thanks all.

Morning Great White North

No part number for the terminals (my connector/terminal supply is random access not labeled by part numbers).

You can buy the entire connector with terminals & pig tail from BMW motorcycle dealer (very expensive)

Or, visit your local BMW car dealer with terminal in hand & they can usually match them up for you at a very reasonable cost.

Do you have a soldering iron? With good flux core solder, you can solder the wires onto the remaining connector.

So just yesterday, in our lab, I was crimping some sockets that look dangerously close to what you have pictured (good timing) - might be the ones, or at least provide you with a smaller group to focus on. Do some searching on the Molex C-Grid family of products. Here's some Digi-Key links:

THIS is a listing of all the G-Grid sockets that Digi-Key has

THIS ONE looks like a close match

Maybe you can get some measurements off the sockets you have to verify. I know that it's darn near impossible to find a match for a contact in the sea of choices - unless maybe you spec them for a living.

Good luck!

Great White North

Thanks Dirtrider, I've priced the cable, seems like an expensive solution, and if connectors can be replaced, I'll try this at first.

Thanks Dirtrider, I've priced the cable, seems like an expensive solution, and if connectors can be replaced, I'll try this at first.

Afternoon Great White North

Do you mean terminals? The connector is the outer plastic part.

Great White North

Yes, I have attempted the solder option, it did work 'somewhat' on two of the connectors, but a third one is unusable and the solder joint becomes a weak spot imo. Would rather have new terminals installed from a reliability point of view.

Great White North

Afternoon Great White North

Do you mean terminals? The connector is the outer plastic part.

Yes, the square terminals within the connector.

Archived