IGNORED

New To the Forum

Fleetwood

Howdy Folks,

Just got my self a 2009 R1200RT, I've been lurking around reading stuff for a while. This is bike #2, the other is a 2004 R1200C Montauk. Looking forward to making some new friends and learning some stuff about the new bike. I've been a member on the chromeheads.org forum for 10 years now. I'll be giving the new ride some new tires this week, trying some pilot power 2cts for kicks. and I'll make a stab at putting a pic of the new ride up...

The Rocketman

Welcome Gary. Somehow I knew you'd end up here sooner or later. Enjoy your new ride, my friend. See you soon either at BF or RP.

Hey Larry, If all goes as planned, I'll get the RT out as far as Portland for the BF start, and of course the RP is in, maybe headed to Nova Scotia following the RP. Oh yeah we are heading south on May 30 for a week...maybe try the Natchez Trace Parkway

Glenn Reed

Gary,

Getting the picture link to appear is fairly straightforward.

While you are viewing the picture in Photobucket, look over to the right. There are four boxes there, one of which is labeled "Direct". Click on that, and you should see the link replaced by the word "Copied".

Come back to the post you are putting together. You already went through the process, you just had a link that was not directly to just the image, so do that again, and paste the proper info into that dialog box and you're good to go.

Oh, and welcome!

The Rocketman

Gary,

If the new bike is not already wired up for a GPS, drop me a line if you need a hand wiring up your Garmin 2720, so you can use it on both bikes.

Glenn Reed
Ok, second shot of the bike, and following Glenn's instructions, how easy was that...

Glad to help out!

Welcome to the forum. Great looking bike. :thumbsup:

About that "Chromehead" secret code: "BF" and "RP" do you also need to know the secret handshake as well???? :rofl:

The Rocketman

No secrets there.

BF is for "BrainFlush" a special group of folks we take extended annual trips with around various parts of the country. Last year we stayed in Pineville, KY and did about 3,000 miles around KY, WVA, VA, TN, etc. This year we're heading up to Maine for similar enjoyment from 7/9-7/19. BF is not my party. I am merely an invited (and lucky) guest. This has been going on for many, many, many years.

RP is for "Ramblin' Pig" of which we are up to our 9th annual gathering. These are primarily Northeast, Chromehead events, and this year we'll be in Wilmington, NY at the Hungry Trout Inn, north of Lake Placid in the 'Dacks from 8/6-8/9. These RP events I am integrally involved with for planning & organizing.

If you happen to be near Lake Placid anywhere from 8/6 through 8/9, feel free to drop in and say Howdy!

You're allowed to know about the meet ups, and such...the handshake, well for that we want to be schmoozed...usually one beer does it!

Archived