IGNORED

How do you replace fog light bulbs on R1150RT?

gnuse

I guess the subject line says it all. I can't see how to get to the bulbs, much less removing and replacing them, even after removing the rubber covers. Thanks for any advice.

I guess the subject line says it all. I can't see how to get to the bulbs, much less removing and replacing them, even after removing the rubber covers. Thanks for any advice.
If you've got REALLY skinny arms and/or an extra wrist you can get at them from underneath. I missed the 'gimmees' at DVD a few years ago messing about with my right one... Oh well.

Personally, I have to take off the tupperware to get at mine.

M

Okay if you've got the rubber covers off your 2/3 of the way there. Examine the new H3 (no not the Hummer H3 grin.gif) there is a groove around it that a two ended spring clip in the bike presses up against to hold the bulb in place and a little locking slits that the ends of the spring clip engages. One at a time up in the bike press the clip up and out of the groove. The bulb will then drop out. When installing the new one, note the flat spot on one side that indexes the bulb in the socket.

I find I can do the whole thing best while laying on my back on the ground, feet forward out in front of the bike, and reaching up. But then I have long enough arms to do so.

Archived