IGNORED

E-Z Touring Bike Cover

The Rocketman

The Rocketman

I already own an E-Z Touring Traveller 1/2 cover size "A". It fits my other bikes, but does not fit my '09 RT with the rear top case installed; only with the top case removed. I'm not sure whether to get the next size up, the "X", or "XT". Not interested in getting the Wanderer full size cover, as I don't want to deal with melted nylon. Also not looking for any other brand recommendations right now, as I really like the packing size and functionality of this brand, but thanks. BTW, if the size is wrong, E-Z Touring will cross ship a different size at no charge, and refund my shipping costs back to them. Very good folks to deal with.

Does anyone have a late model RT with a top case that can advise which size 1/2 cover to get?

Thanks!

http://dev.eztouring.com/product/the-traveler-motorcycle-cover/

Have you tried or considered using your existing cover to just cover instruments,bars,saddles and trunk,or covering from windscreen to behind saddles and leave trunk exposed?

Either way all the vital bits would be weather protected.

JR356

The Rocketman

I tried it last night. Its a real tight fit even without the top case on, and just the side cases attached. That's covering from the windscreen back. Covering the top case and moving forward would leave it tilting too much and I think water would flow down the front of the tank. I'd rather have in cover the whole enchilada so I don't have to remove anything from the bike on trips.

RoadRunner

I also have an '09 RT. I have a size X traveller 1/2 cover and it's plenty big to go over the top case and about 1/2 the side cases. I've had it since March '09 and it always travels with me.

The Rocketman

Thanks RR. I appreciate confirmation of the size. If its not too much of a pain, could you post a pic or shoot me a PM of your bike with the cover on, just so I can get an idea? Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not understanding. I have an '09 RT with top case installed and the Traveller "A" fits over mine just fine.

The Rocketman

I have an "A" size Traveller and it only fits if I remove the top case. I can take pics later to show you. I think the "X" would fit better to cover the top and side cases, from what I've heard.

The Rocketman

Here you go:

cover2_zpsgu9xtghw.jpg

cover1_zpsoczy5jbi.jpg

This is also an "A" size Traveller, and there's no way I get the same coverage as yours does. I have the 49L top case, if that makes a difference.

Can't explain it, but you get much more coverage on your side bags, where I get none. This thing is pulled as tight as it goes. Fits the same whether or not I have the bottom bungees attached or if I hike it up higher on the windshield. Maybe the length or width changed over the years? That's what makes me think the "X" size is the one I should get for more coverage, without going for the Wanderer full size cover. The "X" is supposed to be close to the "A" in length, but just wider on the sides.

Archived