IGNORED

MAX BMW RT Sale

kltk165

Just wanted to give anyone interested in a new RT a heads up. Max BMW is aggressively pricing their 2015 RT's. MSRP $22750 marked down to $20850.

Wow, current pricing like that seems likely to further deflate used camhead RT pricing.

Maybe a good opportunity to buy new or used - so long as sellers price competitively.

That's very odd that BMW has such aggressive incentives at the beginning of the high season for motorcycles. I could see these incentives in September or October but not now. Interesting. Thanks for the heads up on the incentive. I wasn't aware of that.

Guest Kakugo
That's very odd that BMW has such aggressive incentives at the beginning of the high season for motorcycles. I could see these incentives in September or October but not now. Interesting. Thanks for the heads up on the incentive. I wasn't aware of that.

Indeed. here's it full price, period... and a long wait to boot.

But I've heard BMW is aggressively targeting the NA and Australian markets markets, sometimes to the detriment of the European market (see GSA deliveries).

I think after the whole buy back program from the 2014's, the RT took a hit. I could be wrong, but I believe they are attempting to get the public interested again. Just my $0.02

fourteenfour
I think after the whole buy back program from the 2014's, the RT took a hit. I could be wrong, but I believe they are attempting to get the public interested again. Just my $0.02

between that and their abysmal showing in CR's motorcycle ratings. I like the camhead engine too much to take a look at a water cooled one

April was BMW's all time record sales month.

Sales are up for the year also, after a record breaking year before.

The increase in sales is from non RT models.

I think the RT is not the flagship anymore.

They are trying to move that model and continue the upward sales trend of recent years.

I would expect continual deals as they clear inventory in the USA (on the RT) so it seems like a good time for RT shoppers.

I don't thing the CR report has any effect overall wrt BMW sales.

greiffster

I think the RT is not the flagship anymore.

Worldwide, wasn't 2014 like 3:1, GS/GSA to RT?

Paul In Australia

Here is the answer.. You States side guys are dragging your feet again..

BMW Motorrad sales remain on a record pace. After delivering a record number of motorcycles and maxi scooters during the first quarter of 2015, BMW Motorrad sold 16,554 to customers worldwide in April. That’s a 1.3% increase over the record 16,344 units sold in April 2014 and makes April 2015 the most successful month ever in the history of the company. Through last month, global sales are up 6.3% for BMW Motorrad — 47,924 units versus 45,063 through four months last year. Sales for BMW Motorrad USA in April, however, decreased a dramatic 24.2% to 1,689 motorcycles compared to the 2,229 sold in April 2014.

Best regards

Paul

Will Stagg

My "local" dealer (2 hours away in SoCal) had three really nice, used cam head RT's they had taken in on trade-in, well now four with mine. Craigslist has a few as well. Good time to buy used if one were so inclined. I went in for the switch recall and was induced to downsize to the F700GS. I had been contemplating the idea as my riding has changed from long commutes to simple jaunts for fun. It's a good time to buy a great bike used, poor time to sell one though.

^^^

Seems most private party sellers of late model RTs aren't aware of change in market conditions with respect to "deals" on new or nearly new wetheads. My objective was to replace my 04 RT with low mileage pristine end-of-series camhead RT at budget targeted between $14k-$15k (depending on year and equipment) but private party sellers within driving distance were stuck on what they thought their motos were worth in resale value. In the end, spotted the (sig) 14 RT advertised by original owner 460 miles away, negotiated price over the phone and brought it home by borrowed trailer few days later. I went over budget but the deal was fair to both seller and me plus I saved sales tax 'cus Arizona doesn't collect that again when sale is a private party transaction wherein tax was previously collected.

"BMW Motorrad sales remain on a record pace. After delivering a record number of motorcycles and maxi scooters during the first quarter of 2015, BMW Motorrad sold 16,554 to customers worldwide in April. That’s a 1.3% increase over the record 16,344 units sold in April 2014 and makes April 2015 the most successful month ever in the history of the company. Through last month, global sales are up 6.3% for BMW Motorrad — 47,924 units versus 45,063 through four months last year. Sales for BMW Motorrad USA in April, however, decreased a dramatic 24.2% to 1,689 motorcycles compared to the 2,229 sold in April 2014." http://bmwmcmag.com/2015/05/monthly-sales-record-in-april-for-bmw-motorrad-s1000xr-on-sale-june-13/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=monthly-sales-record-in-april-for-bmw-motorrad-s1000xr-on-sale-june-13

$1900 incentive from BMW on 2015 RT and GS. The GSA gets $500 and a top case. Honz at Gateway said it would make my 2013 trade worth less.

BTW, he has two new 2015 RT's priced at $17 something but they're aren't fully optioned.

Damn that is tempting! I would prefer the "less optioned" version!

Archived