IGNORED

N00b

Coinneach

Coinneach

Howdy. Got my first BMW a few weeks ago, a '96 R1100RT with 57k on the clock. I call her Brünhilde - she's German, has a strong, deep voice, and a big pair of, uh, yeah. Bit of a change for me as I've ridden old UJMs for most of my life, but this beauty popped up on my radar just as I was ready to buy and I couldn't say no. I've only put about 400 miles on her so far and we're still getting used to each other's quirks, but she handles just fine at any speed and loves the fast sweepers.

I read the BMW-to-Harley thread with some amusement, as her PO traded her for a Road King. His loss, as far as I'm concerned.

Don't be shy, you've already done the hard part in regards to posting pictures. :grin: Awesome, welcome to the site! :thumbsup:

347582_original.jpg

Pat

Coinneach
Welcome.

Interesting roundel.

Thanks. I've not seen that quarter-red anywhere else, but then I've not looked all that hard.

Don't be shy, you've already done the hard part in regards to posting pictures.

Heh. Didn't want to break anyone's page layout.

Don't be shy, you've already done the hard part in regards to posting pictures.

Heh. Didn't want to break anyone's page layout.

It happens every now and again. :)

Pat

R1100RTFan

Welcome Coinneach,

I share your love and appreciation for the RT. I myself own a '00 1100RT. As you said, she loves the sweepers, and I have found loves the twists as well. My RT is my able riding partner and I am sure she will be yours as well. I just crossed over 154,000 miles on mine.

Welcome and I've been here about 14 years and I am still a "noob". Heck I don't even have 1000 posts :grin:

Coinneach

Welcome Coinneach,

I share your love and appreciation for the RT. I myself own a '00 1100RT. As you said, she loves the sweepers, and I have found loves the twists as well. My RT is my able riding partner and I am sure she will be yours as well. I just crossed over 154,000 miles on mine.

Thanks. She's taking some getting used to; I'm more familiar with upright twins and fours. Very nimble and flickable considering her size.

Welcome and I've been here about 14 years and I am still a "noob". Heck I don't even have 1000 posts :grin:

First of all, don't pay any attention to what Doug says. :rofl:

NOOB he is not, but he is a heck of a rider.

Welcome to the family. You will love your new ride, I'm sure. And the color is, of course, the fastest one which will result in the most "performance awards" from your local LEO! :grin:

We love pictures.

We love ride reports.

And, most of all, we love ride reports with pictures. :wave:

Looking forward to yours.

Coinneach

Welcome to the family. You will love your new ride, I'm sure. And the color is, of course, the fastest one which will result in the most "performance awards" from your local LEO! :grin:

We love pictures.

We love ride reports.

Huh, I always thought Da Red Wunz Went Fasta. :grin:

I'm working out how to mount my digicam. Thinking about using the forward footrests and some sort of clamp, because I'm too cheap^Wthrifty to buy a GoPro Hero 9000 or whatever model they're up to now.

beemerboy

When I first joined I was told that when a member reached 1000 posts they'd be gifted with a bottle of 100 year old scotch, a box of Cuban cigars, and a ride on the BMWST corporate jet. Suffice it to say I've yet to receive what was promised. :cry:

Anyway, sorry for the thread hijack, coinneach, and welcome to the forum!

When I first joined I was told that when a member reached 1000 posts they'd be gifted with a bottle of 100 year old scotch, a box of Cuban cigars, and a ride on the BMWST corporate jet. Suffice it to say I've yet to receive what was promised. :cry:

Hmmmm............. I got all the above. Dunno why they didn't do the same for you. PS That jet was a hoot! :clap:

We love pictures.

We love ride reports.

Huh, I always thought Da Red Wunz Went Fasta. :grin:

I'm working out how to mount my digicam. Thinking about using the forward footrests and some sort of clamp, because I'm too cheap^Wthrifty to buy a GoPro Hero 9000 or whatever model they're up to now.

Just marketing hype.

How about pic of your digicam mount when you figure it out.

beemerboy

Hmmmm............. I got all the above. Dunno why they didn't do the same for you. PS That jet was a hoot! :clap:

Fernando, I'm soooo disappointed.

Fernando, I'm soooo disappointed.

It's in the shop. We're retrofitting a new hot tub. I'll call you when it's your turn. :rofl:

Howdy back to you and welcome. :wave: BTW, I'm trying to imagine you say'n "howdy" with the particular accent I heard Saturday noon at the BMW BBQ meetup in Strawberry. I was one of 36 there, but arrived by jeep vs moto 'cus I'm local.

Ironically, you just bought an oilhead as I prepare to sell mine. Just got back at midnight from SoCal having trailered an RTw (awake 22 hrs straight with 930 miles driven roundtrip - story to follow elsewhere).

Howdy back to you and welcome. :wave: BTW, I'm trying to imagine you say'n "howdy" with the particular accent I heard Saturday noon at the BMW BBQ meetup in Strawberry. I was one of 36 there, but arrived by jeep vs moto 'cus I'm local.

Ironically, you just bought an oilhead as I prepare to sell mine. Just got back at midnight from SoCal having trailered an RTw (awake 22 hrs straight with 930 miles driven roundtrip - story to follow elsewhere).

Just bought an oilhead???

Boston Green?????????????????????????????????/// :wave:

Archived