IGNORED

Ohlins

Phil Swain

Phil Swain

I just bought a 05 Rt fitted with Ohlins,it apears there is no remote adjustment making it a pain in the ass when my better half comes along..Ouestion is does anybody know if its possible to have remote adjustment fitted ( as some kind of kit) to a non adjustment shock.It looks brand new and some cheapskate probaly fitted one built for a GS..It works ok solo(if a little soft) but two up and I,m feeling kindof seasick..

Guest Kakugo

Yes, it's possible to retrofit an Ohlins shock with a hydraulic (remote) preload adjuster. It won't be cheap though: when I inquired back in the days it was about 200€ or a similar silly figure.

The other settings, however, would still require you to reach down for the shock.

TXR1200ST

I think you should just give those crappy old non adjustable shocks to me and get yourself a new set of remote adjustable.

LOL. Try riding on a set of 50K OEM shocks. I need some new ones desperately. Just have higher priorities right now.

CoarsegoldKid

The Ohlins I installed back in 2007 have a rear remote hydraulic preload adjuster. It's easy to use and I do when loaded with different luggage or passenger combos. The front never needed a change in preload once I got the compromise worked out. If I were going to spend $$$$$$ for suspension I'd get shocks with adjustable compression and rebound and preload. But then again it's a RT.

Phil Swain
Yes, it's possible to retrofit an Ohlins shock with a hydraulic (remote) preload adjuster. It won't be cheap though: when I inquired back in the days it was about 200€ or a similar silly figure.

The other settings, however, would still require you to reach down for the shock.

200 ok I think Ill stick with what Iv got ,Cheers
Phil Swain
I think you should just give those crappy old non adjustable shocks to me and get yourself a new set of remote adjustable.

LOL. Try riding on a set of 50K OEM shocks. I need some new ones desperately. Just have higher priorities right now.

Hehe nice try,,I admit riding solo is great,,,my cycle has done 54K and is handling great its just such a faff of moving that spring coller.Next big spend is front end shock...cheers
Phil Swain
The Ohlins I installed back in 2007 have a rear remote hydraulic preload adjuster. It's easy to use and I do when loaded with different luggage or passenger combos. The front never needed a change in preload once I got the compromise worked out. If I were going to spend $$$$$$ for suspension I'd get shocks with adjustable compression and rebound and preload. But then again it's a RT.
My godness sir your cycle has some miles on it,,Kind of gives me more confidence in my 05 with 54K on..Allin all I,m very pleased with it..Seems really well put together.I had a look at the new modell ,,and straight away noted a lack of quality when compared to mine...Regarding the Ohlins,,Rather then spend seroius cash ,Ill buy the wife a course of slimming pills...or maybe a sexy little number...cheers

Archived