IGNORED

So what it you got brake parts cleaner on..

Dundee387

Dundee387

your final drive housing and it stained it….. :dopeslap:

What would you use to try to remove such stain. (white in color), or am I stuck with this..

I tried Simple green motorsports, but that didn't do anything.

szurszewski

Dirt? Oh wait - you said "remove" - I just cover everything on my bike with a fine layer of rain-caked silt. Makes for a nice, easy to maintain finish :)

dirtrider

Morning Dundee387

That could be a tough stain to remove. You might have actually discolored the paint itself so it is not a stain but actual paint damage.

Was it just Brake Clean or was there brake fluid involved there also?

greiffster

Was it just Brake Clean or was there brake fluid involved there also?

Yeah. I use brake cleaner to clean a lot of stuff off the drive. I know it's a bit harsh on finishes. But, I bet the stain was from something else.

Dundee387

I used brake cleaner without the applicator (straw) on the can, and got some on the drive end. I didn't notice it until later , not wiping it off ! And it dried on there..

No brake fluid.

dirtrider

Morning Dundee387

Assuming normal brake cleaner then that stuff usually evaporates into nothing-left so my long range guess is the brake cleaner actually ate away some of the outer paint layer.

Maybe try some auto polish or even a little non aggressive rubbing compound to see if that will partially restore the underlying paint finish.

Archived