IGNORED

Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) - 24-27 Sep 2015

TyTass

In pencil? :)

Reservations made, arriving Wednesday. I'll believe it when I see myself actually there. :/

I tried to log you in on the arrival list, but the pencil lead kept breaking on my monitor!

I hope you really can make it, Jake. It's been too long.

Bill Murray

Reservations made for myself and Folkdancer48 (Dick Williams). Arrival on Thursday (9/24) and departure on Sunday (9/27).

Looking forward to seeing everyone again!

Panhandle Chuck
Reservations made for myself and Folkdancer48 (Dick Williams). Arrival on Thursday (9/24) and departure on Sunday (9/27).

Nice, we look forward to seeing you guys!

Craig - add a plus one for me. Have a special guest coming to FART with us :grin:

Ah, will do. Got a first name?

Craig - add a plus one for me. Have a special guest coming to FART with us :grin:

Ah, will do. Got a first name?

Her name is Angela... she was my hiking guide in Scotland last year! You guys are going to love her!

Beer City, USA. The city with the most breweries per capita in the U.S....Asheville.

Who's in charge of making runs in town to bring back growlers from the 21+ craft brewers?? :S:S

Somebody who trailers to the event might loan rent their car out? Just a thought... :rofl:

Glenn, there ... I fixed it for you.

Glenn Reed
Somebody who trailers to the event might loan rent their car out? Just a thought... :rofl:

Glenn, there ... I fixed it for you.

I guess that's a new policy. Roger handed me his keys when we were at START when I said I wanted to make a beer run. He was a little surprised it took me so long, since he didn't hear the part about going down to Clayton from Dillard...

Matts_12GS

Speaking of beer, I have a friend who owns a largish craft brewery in Asheville, not all that far from the hotel. Anyone want me to reach out and see if we can score a tour for later Friday afternoon?

Speaking of beer, I have a friend who owns a largish craft brewery in Asheville, not all that far from the hotel. Anyone want me to reach out and see if we can score a tour for later Friday afternoon?

58670846.jpg

Finally got off my buttocks and made a reservation. IN. Will be arriving on Thursday with the Panama City Boyz...

I'm in! I just made my reservation. The king rooms are sold out so I had to take a double-double.

This will be my first BMW event and I'm really looking forward to FARTing with you all.

I'm coming by myself. Any individuals or groups leaving from the Raleigh area (say, 50-ish mile radius) on Wednesday who wouldn't mind another rider tagging along?

Finally got off my buttocks and made a reservation. IN. Will be arriving on Thursday with the Panama City Boyz...

Exactly which boyz from Panama City, Ron? Arriving the same dayz?

I'm in! I just made my reservation. The king rooms are sold out so I had to take a double-double.

This will be my first BMW event and I'm really looking forward to FARTing with you all.

I'm coming by myself. Any individuals or groups leaving from the Raleigh area (say, 50-ish mile radius) on Wednesday who wouldn't mind another rider tagging along?

Hi Brian and welcome to what amounts to be BMWST SE crew. There's a long history of BMWST ride events in the Southern Appalachian area going back to just about the establishment of BMWRT/BMWST itself. Many, if not most, of the players have changed over the years, but one thing remains constant ... a great group of people who enjoy the motorcycle wonders the area has to offer as well as the camaraderie. We heartily welcome new folks and hope you enjoy these events as much as we do.

There aren't but a couple riders signed up from or who go through the NE NC area. I'll be trailering to the event (to spare Terri the 500-ish mile slog on the Interstate), otherwise I could meet up with you on my way through the Durham area. Perhaps a future event when I ride solo.

Anyway, welcome aboard!

SavannahCapt

I recently signed on to this forum. I'm listed as number 13 Ron (Terry's friend) My handle is now SavannahCapt which somehow seems more proper than "Terry's Friend." :wave:

I recently signed on to this forum. I'm listed as number 13 Ron (Terry's friend) My handle is now SavannahCapt which somehow seems more proper than "Terry's Friend." :wave:

I think that is a good move. You know about guilt by association. :grin:

Glad to have you here. :wave::clap:

We were all just happy to know that Terry had a firend! :grin:

terryofperry

Hey Bob, how ya doing? Hope all is well. You remember the Capt., you know from START, the KLR guy who thought it a great idea to revisit a certain café under the guise of Ken #4, aka narcosis, leaving his phone at said café and all the while the Capt. had picked up Ken's phone and put it in his pocket which cost us an hour and necessitated your "short cut" through the woods to Grandma's house to get back to Dillard before midnight. Poor Ken with his brand spanking new RT following along as we threw gravel his way.

That was a good day riding, never forget it and it all began with your flat tire and my repair kit.

Yeah, he's a friend, let him ride my GSA the last day of START and he took it home, painted it red, swears it is his. I guess I'll be riding his KLR for FART.

Be well my friend.

Terry

I gotcha Ron. You'll see it on the next list update. Welcome aboard.

If she drinks bourbon (or is at least willing to try), we'll like her! :clap:

Jim

Jim, she's Scottish... so we might do better with scotch... but you never know! ;)

Lone_RT_rider
If she drinks bourbon (or is at least willing to try), we'll like her! :clap:

Jim

Jim, she's Scottish... so we might do better with scotch... but you never know! ;)

Yummmmmmmm!

..... Poor Ken with his brand spanking new RT following along as we threw gravel his way.

That was a good day riding, never forget it and it all began with your flat tire and my repair kit......

Terry

I will remember that day for a long time as well! All ready to ride out with TomK, DaveC-in-NewOrleans, & BMW-Ken at 07:30 AM and I turned on my tire pressure monitor and noticed I had lost 10 lbs in the rear tire.

Another example of many motorcycle adventures: a slight sentback often results in some extradinary good times to follow! :thumbsup:

I do hope that Ken and his RT will return after our somewhat unusual BMWST initiation ride for him. :grin:

SavannahCapt
Hey Bob, how ya doing? Hope all is well. You remember the Capt., you know from START, the KLR guy who thought it a great idea to revisit a certain café under the guise of Ken #4, aka narcosis, leaving his phone at said café and all the while the Capt. had picked up Ken's phone and put it in his pocket which cost us an hour and necessitated your "short cut" through the woods to Grandma's house to get back to Dillard before midnight. Poor Ken with his brand spanking new RT following along as we threw gravel his way.

That was a good day riding, never forget it and it all began with your flat tire and my repair kit.

Yeah, he's a friend, let him ride my GSA the last day of START and he took it home, painted it red, swears it is his. I guess I'll be riding his KLR for FART.

Be well my friend.

Terry

That isn't exactly the way I remember it. Anyway it was after one of you guys kicked his helmet and scratched his face shield.

SavannahCapt

I think that is a good move. You know about guilt by association. :grin:

Glad to have you here. :wave::clap:

Thank you. So far being Terry's friend has cost me about $20,000 :dopeslap:

SavannahCapt

We were all just happy to know that Terry had a firend! :grin:

We all know what P.T. Barnum said. :grin:

Looking forward to riding with you again.

In. Arrive Wed depart Sun. Need to check out Bill's and Frank's new RT's plus I'm pretty sure Ron owes me a beer. Looking forward to some great, paved rides and seeing everyone again.

Ken

Bill Murray
In. Arrive Wed depart Sun. Need to check out Bill's and Frank's new RT's plus I'm pretty sure Ron owes me a beer. Looking forward to some great, paved rides and seeing everyone again.

Ken

No guarantees, Ken. I may decide to bring the S1000XR instead. :grin:

No guarantees, Ken. I may decide to bring the S1000XR instead. :grin:

I like to look at any fine new machine. Missed that acquisition of yours. Congrats!

Shock of shocks, but i just made a reservation for arrival wednesday and departing saturday.

my first FART, of this nature. looking forward to making some new friends and renewing some old friendships.

Lone_RT_rider
my first FART, of this nature.

Of course you know Brian that you can never be guaranteed a wet, or a dry FART. Make sure you pack appropriate clothing. :)

Shawn

my first FART, of this nature.

Of course you know Brian that you can never be guaranteed a wet, or a dry FART. Make sure you pack appropriate clothing. :)

Shawn

understood..similar to wine.

Shock of shocks, but i just made a reservation for arrival wednesday and departing saturday.

my first FART, of this nature. looking forward to making some new friends and renewing some old friendships.

that's awesome news!!

that's awesome news!!

It is! Lookin' forward to seeing you!

I think it really says something that although the event/room block was originally set for Thurs-Sun we already have 23 folks showing up on Wed. Awesome!

i-kmFHvRM-XL.png

Archived