IGNORED

This is where it belongs

eddd

I recently purchased a '98 CBR900RR to fill the fun bike slot in my stable. I took it to Spring Mountain in Pahrump, NV a couple of Saturdays ago since the track is really the only place you can safely and legally ride this type of bike like it was designed to be be ridden.

I'm a long way from being a serious track guy. I'm there just because it is so much fun, but even so the capability of this old timer (the bike, not me) was really evident.

Here are a few of my vanity pics:

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

I bought a newer ZX-6R for the same purpose; and I agree that sportbikes really belong on the track. And, although I'll never be one of the 'fast' guys, riding on the track is so much more satisfying that riding fast on the road.

Print and frame them and put those bad boys up on your wall. Then tell everyone you Went Back To The Future, because you look like a twenty something in these shots :thumbsup:

I bought a newer ZX-6R for the same purpose; and I agree that sportbikes really belong on the track. And, although I'll never be one of the 'fast' guys, riding on the track is so much more satisfying that riding fast on the road.

I find it a bit unnerving when riding the bike in regular city traffic after a trip to the track.

I find it a bit unnerving when riding the bike in regular city traffic after a trip to the track.

I'm like the buddha. The track riding drains the aggression out of me completely, and I have no quibble with letting other folks go first at merges or in traffic. It's one of the reasons I try to get out at least 3 or 4 times a season.

Archived