IGNORED

EPMPERF

kltk165

Anyone have experience with Klaus at EPMPERF? I did a search and found a few posts. Most go back to 2010. Any recent dealings with him, and his company?

I have had 2 sets of Wilbers shocks and a set of Hyperpro shocks the have been purchased from Klaus at EPM. The service has been great and the shocks have come set up darn near perfect right out of the box. He last rebuilt my shocks around 3 years ago and his service again was great.

The Rocketman

Bought a set of lovely purple HyperPro shocks from him a few years back. Great guy, helped me tremendously over the phone, and offers a free rebuild after a certain amount of miles. Have no doubt...Klaus is 'da man!

Klaus gave a tech/demo session at the 2014 BMW RA rally. I have to say I came away impressed, both knowledge and apparent interest in getting things "right" for his customers. He is on my short list when I need shocks.

Just received two emails from him. He get's back to you within a day. I like that.

For those interested. For my 2011 RT with ESA, He quoted me $1506 for a set of Hybrid (I'm pretty sure that means Hyperpro) shocks. Obviously tuned to my weight and riding preferences. As I live in NJ he indicated for 3-4 hrs labor, at $85 p/hr, he will remove and re-install the shocks at his facility.

Correction. I was incorrect about the shocks. When he said they would be hybrid that simply meant he would be converting the ESA components to the new shocks. The shocks he quoted were for a set of Wilber's.

The Rocketman

If you catch him at a rally, like Americade or elsewhere, he usually offers a pretty reasonable discount. See if he's going to have a booth at any upcoming events first.

While on a trip on my '05, I busted the rear shock seal going way too fast over a RR crossing. Klaus overnighted me a loaner shock to Dallas, fixed mine while I continued my trip, and had it waiting in Dallas for the trip home.

Bill

Archived