IGNORED

New wethead rider

Slyder_Steve

Slyder_Steve

Greetings!

Been a little abscent from the board of late. Sold my 04 RT prior to heading to the desert for a year. Been scouring the boards over the last year (in my spare time) to see what's happening, what to watch out for, and what you've been up to... and farkling ideas! Got back a couple weeks ago and spent last weekend on I-80 heading to Ft Collins in a late season blizzard to purchase a brand new-to-me Ebony 14 Wethead. She's quite the technology leap from my beloved 04, and what a beautiful machine! Looking forward to many miles of enjoyment! See you around!

Slyder

Welcome back. Thank you for your service...

I love my '14RT Wet head. Lots of things to learn about, especially the technology in the the audio and dashboard information system.

Must be a story behind shopping for a bike in Ft. Collins... pre-owned or new?

Slyder_Steve

Fair enough...I know the rules..no photos, it didn't happen...

The first shot is us at a really nice Sinclair gas station in Rawlings, WY. Not my choice, but required while we waited for I-80 to reopen after a 70+ truck/car pileup--wasn't sure we were going to make it...

i-6MjMrsM-M.jpg

We got through the pass and into Ft Collins where we met up with Dave and Gordon. Took her for a test ride, made the deal and loaded her in the truck. Got a feeling she was checking us out...

i-nxzxm7Z-M.jpg

Got her home, unloaded, and introduced her to Trapper's loop. The smile hasn't left my face yet!

i-ZD6N4QT-M.jpg

She's loaded with all the options, and I picked up a Nav5 from A&S Cycles this past weekend during their sale! Couldn't be happier!

Slyder

Oh crap... Trapper's Loop!... you really know how to hurt a guy who lived up in Emigration Canyon for 8 years... miss the roads there, but not so much all the rest...

• 4 weeks later...

I went from an 04RT ( put on 90,000 miles in 4 1/2 years )to a 14RTLC , I bought a plain Jane and added a few things , Navigator V GPS , side power socket for my heated gear ( the one on the dash is only good for 7.5 amp ) ,valve cover protectors , top box ,front fender extension , and an air horn to replace the worthless stock one . I've been riding over fifty years and don't want or need a bike with all the bells and whistles just the basics .

I went from an 04RT ( put on 90,000 miles in 4 1/2 years )to a 14RTLC , I bought a plain Jane and added a few things , Navigator V GPS , side power socket for my heated gear ( the one on the dash is only good for 7.5 amp ) ,valve cover protectors , top box ,front fender extension , and an air horn to replace the worthless stock one . I've been riding over fifty years and don't want or need a bike with all the bells and whistles just the basics .

Afternoon Bob

Where did the 7.5 amps come from? Riders manual shows 10 amps for factory power sockets.

Well D.R. being over 65 may have had something to do with it , the total amp draw of my heated gear is 7.5 amp. and the outlet on the right side faring is 10 amp as you suggest , I felt this was to close to my total amp. draw plus I didn't like the location so I had a 15 amp. outlet installed on the lower left side of the bike behind my knee as was on the 04RT I owned .

Archived