IGNORED

left hand footplate bolt through rear frame to tranny not aligning

MontanaBud

Help! 2004 R1150RT problem here.

I'm putting the bike back together after replacing the fuel distributor. Exhaust back on, right footplate back on; no issues. But on the left side footplate, the rear frame isn't budging enough to align the holes to get the top long bolt in.

Anybody know what's wrong, or how to fix this? I can't get much to change by jacking up the swing arm, or putting the trolly jack under lift handle.

I released the rear strut from the top, and loosened the frame pivot bolts, but neither made any difference.

Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.

Bud

Evening Bud

If possible try taking bike off the center stand & putting it on the wheels. Sometimes being on the center stand bends the bike framing enough to make some of the bolt holes not line up.

Even then you might have to re-loosen the rear frame bolts to allow it to move enough to line things up.

Try lifting up the subframe with your hand while inserting the bolt. If I am not mistaken, that bolt goes into the transmission, and so lifting on the swing arm doesn't do any good.

Afternoon Flars

I think he already tried that.

"can't get much to change by jacking up the swing arm, "or putting the trolly jack under lift handle".

The lift handle is attached to the rear frame so jacking up the handle should have lifted the rear subframe.

The good DR's suggestion did it. I installed the rear wheel, loosened the bolts on the right footplate, checked the hole, then put the bike on the sidestand and it was then very close. I just had to pull with some slight hand pressure on the frame and I got it in!

Thank you DR. You saved me again. :clap:

Archived