IGNORED

Anyone use the ztechnik on a Rockster?

Jimroc777

Just installed a ztechnik windshield on my Rockster , I probably won't be able to try it out for a couple of days. In my opinion it looks great, it was pricey 329.00. My only gripe is ,while sitting on the bike ,the top of the windshield looks kind of low. Was kind of lookin for a shield where I could wear a half helmet and not get smacked in the face with a wind blast. Any reviews? Thanks

Anyone ever use a ztechnik windshield on any bike..?

Yes, a few ZTechnik VStream - although all for motorized windscreen controls (2004 Yam FJR, 2007 RT and current 2004 RT). They're my favorite vs OEM, AeroFlow or Cee Bailey, which allows me to ride with (full coverage) helmet visor raised when in favorable conditions. Great quality plus made from polycarbonate instead of the usual shatter prone acrylic.

Anyone ever use a ztechnik windshield on any bike..?

I have the adjustable Zteknik on my hexhead GS. It lets you adjust the shield through a certain range without loosening the adjustment screws. Doesn't beat the convenience of an electric windshield but it's hands-down the best shield I've ever had on a GS.

A better question is "Did anyone actually buy a Rockster?"

I sold dozens of the Z Techniks when I worked at the dealership. I have one on my RT after trying CB.

Pretty much any screen on a Rockster is going to be a challenge. The low handlebar limits how tall the screen can be and still work with the styling.

On a R1150R, the Z Tech works great because of the standard tall handlebar.

I think the screen will help a lot depending on how tall you are.

Tried out the new windshield this weekend, all in all I'm happy with it.

Still it's not exactly what I was looking for but it does the job.

I still use the full face helmet, got caught in a thunder storm, pulled over and put on the rain gear and the wind shield definetly kept me a lot dryer than if I had no shield. I'm sure it will be good in the colder weather also.

Archived