IGNORED

14/15 Cruise Control

hopz

The issue is that on my 2014 RT the Cruise Control release, or de-activation, using the front brake lever is... harsh or perhaps said another way... does not deactivate unless the lever pull is pretty great.

This happens so much so that the bike is under pretty heavy braking before the Cruise actually deactivates.

What do we know about the Cruise Control? Does it deactivate with a cable or is it all electronic? Is there any adjustment of the deactivation point?

It should deactivate with a clutch pull or either of the brakes... or by throttle control... from page 62 of the manual... "take the throttle beyond back position".

What is "beyond back"?

What is "beyond back"?

That is rolling the throttle grip forward from its static position. Like you were wanting the rpm's to go lower.

And it works absolutely great! I was feathering the clutch lever to deactivate the cruise as I don't always like to have my brake light come on just for having to turn off the cruise in traffic situations. Then I read about rolling the throttle forward in the owners manual.

The cruise is all electronic on these. No cables. Computer just tells the throttle motor where to be.....

I just move the clutch lever in enough to trip the microswitch -- a small movement that does not get to the point of starting to disengage the clutch.

Hopz

As already mentioned, moving the throttle to idle stop and then just a bit more pressure against the stop, will disengage the cruise control..smoooooth.

But both, front and rear brake should easily cause a cruise disconnect. At the beginning I used the rear brake paddle a lot to disengage. It requires just the slightest bit of down pressure.

The reason I don't use it anymore is that you flash your rear brake lights, making anybody following go on the brakes, even if you are not really slowing down rapidly.

So for me the throttle stop with pressure has now become the norm for disengaging.

By the way, I use cruise control a LOT.

Archived