IGNORED

Lunch With a View

eddd

I decided to take a ride and have lunch. Of the bikes available the '99 DR650 was the perfect choice. The old grader looked like it would still be up to the job.

orig.jpg

The lunch selections were quite limited.

orig.jpg

But the location more than made up for it.

orig.jpg

The previous and the panorama pictures were shot from this spot. Which is at about 4,000'. The river is 2,400 feet below.

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

The ride from the house was 180 miles, 140 of those on dirt roads. The pictures were taken at Toroweap Lookout, a remote section of the Grand Canyon.

Wow! I really want to do that ride some day. Eddd, are you going to be in Torrey in May? Maybe we can talk about the route. ear.gif

I'll be there.

roadscholar

The lunch selections were quite limited.

But the location more than made up for it.

orig.jpg

I think ya got me beat Eddd but I'd concur, a great view is worth a lousy lunch anyday. Nice one. :thumbsup:

337-L.jpg

roadscholar
Bill, That looks familiar :wave:

When we going riding? My new DR650 is all built :Cool:

Soon I hope, I'm shooting for May and July or June and August, not sure yet. I told ya I don't plan that far ahead.. :) What looks good for you?

I thought you had a WR? man you change bikes like the wind : ) A nice coincidence tho, I picked up a farkled DR650 over the winter (big tank, w/s, seat) I plan on bringing out too, always good to be on the same page. :thumbsup:

Pretty awesome having a view like that less than a days ride from home! Lucky! :thumbsup:

Pat

And he's 1/2 hr from Zion.

Great pics Ed!!

Thanks for sharing the views! Reads like a great ride though, the lunch made me hungry.

Was that 180 miles round trip? Loop or, out and back?

180 miles out and back from my house in Hurricane. There are options for a loop, but fuel can become an issue. I needed to get a good read on my gas mileage to see what other routes and side trips are possible. There is a nice loop around Mt. Trumbull in the same area that I'd like to add to the trip. I'm good with the stock tank and extra gallon I carry on my DR650, but with some bikes, like my KLX300, route selection could be a real issue.

Archived