IGNORED

Denali D2 connections

chrismckay

I am contemplating purchasing a set of Denali D2 lamps for my RT1200 2013

I have had a quick look online at the wiring diagram and I need to do the following wiring from the "controll box"

I need to connect to a switched 12v supply via a pozi-tap

I need to connect to the motorcycle high beam wire via a pozi tap

This sounds simple enough until I started reading up on Can-bus, if I just tap into the wires as described will I end up with faults elsewhere in the electrical system?

To be honest Can-bus is alien to me

Can anybody advise me please....

Chris..... :grin:

You should be fine as long as you only tap the high beam wire to trigger a relay that powers the Denali's. You will have to get the main power for the relay directly from the battery or an aftermarket fuse box ,else it will throw errors or most likely trip the Canbus circuit for the high beam.

You should be fine as long as you only tap the high beam wire to trigger a relay that powers the Denali's. You will have to get the main power for the relay directly from the battery or an aftermarket fuse box ,else it will throw errors or most likely trip the Canbus circuit for the high beam.

Hello Brian,

If you have time could you have a look at the diagram on the 3rd page here and let me know if this would be ok and trouble free...

http://d1l4i7f87txqmq.cloudfront.net/Installation%20Instructions/Denali/D2/Instructions_TT-D2_rev01.pdf

Chris...

In that diagram, the controller takes the place of a relay. All the power comes from the fused red wire that is direct from the battery (or separate fuse block, if you have one). The other connections only provide signals to the controller that the bike is running and the high beam is on or off. The white wire might also power the light in the button. Nothing here should cause any CANBUS problems.

In that diagram, the controller takes the place of a relay. All the power comes from the fused red wire that is direct from the battery (or separate fuse block, if you have one). The other connections only provide signals to the controller that the bike is running and the high beam is on or off. The white wire might also power the light in the button. Nothing here should cause any CANBUS problems.

Agreed

You wouldn't have any CANbus problems anyway, since nothing you describe is connected to the bus.

Archived