IGNORED

Clearwater CANopener, wow!

Jim VonBaden

Jim VonBaden

Added Clearwater Darlas on BMW mounts, and a Billie brake light and Stebel horn. All were run and connected by the CANopener.

The CAN opener allows you to control the intensity of the Darlas through the Wonderwheel, go full bright with the high beams and the horn, controls an aftermarket horn, with or without the stock horn in place, and controls the Billie aux brake light!

Hopefully the owner will post a few photos. It was late and he needed to go.

Darla%20Stebel%204.jpg

Darla%20Stebel%205.jpg

Darla%20Stebel%207.jpg

Darla%20Stebel%208.jpg

Darla%20Stebel%209.jpg

Darla%20Stebel%2010.jpg

Jim :Cool:

No additional switches -- all controlled by a combination of the MultiController and the turn signal cancel switch.

I have the same CanOpener set up on my new RT, with a pair of old RT (FIAMM-type) horns driven by the CanOpener (three horns total), and will shortly have the factory trunk light driven by it as well.

One thing to keep in mind -- the CanOpener's aux light and fusebox trigger outputs only work when the engine is running.

Looks great! I have my Krista kit arriving next week.

Note that if you have a top-box with the accessory LED brake light, the Canopener (version 1.6+) have brake light outputs that you can use to power the top-box LED as running/brake light as well as programmable to flash, etc. No needs to buy the Billie light, unless you want to add that as well.

Jim VonBaden

No additional switches -- all controlled by a combination of the MultiController and the turn signal cancel switch.

I have the same CanOpener set up on my new RT, with a pair of old RT (FIAMM-type) horns driven by the CanOpener (three horns total), and will shortly have the factory trunk light driven by it as well.

One thing to keep in mind -- the CanOpener's aux light and fusebox trigger outputs only work when the engine is running.

Exactly! Fantastic set-up and very configurable with no added switches to clutter up the cockpit, or to break!

Jim :Cool:

Archived