IGNORED

Radar detector shelf for '14+ RT

Norm LeFevre

Norm LeFevre

Has anyone done a setup for a radar detector on the new RT? I have a Valentine that I'd like to use, maybe with the remote display.

Do you have any issues with it loosening up? Really a nice-looking unit!

No, really solid. That became really apparent when I mounted a GoPro to it and looked at the video compared to when I used a GoPro gooseneck mount.

The downside to the MultiPod is that you'll need the Multipod adapter in order to mount it. That worked great until I added the Ilium Bar Backs which rendered it useless. Now I'm using a Wunderlich Vario Attachment Clamp. Add added up, there's probably a much more affordable solution.

RadarDetector_zpst92zegy2.jpg

Do you have any issues with it loosening up? Really a nice-looking unit!

No, really solid. That became really apparent when I mounted a GoPro to it and looked at the video compared to when I used a GoPro gooseneck mount.

The downside to the MultiPod is that you'll need the Multipod adapter in order to mount it. That worked great until I added the Ilium Bar Backs which rendered it useless. Now I'm using a Wunderlich Vario Attachment Clamp. Add added up, there's probably a much more affordable solution.

RadarDetector_zpst92zegy2.jpg

Please tell us what's on your dash just to the right of the Nav location.

Very nice set up and good use of the bar backs!

Jay

What's the little gizmo on the top of the dash, with the three lights?

Radar detector indicator. I did have it mounted lower but relocated it after a State Trooper encounter. Plus there's an audio out (just under the phone) that I now pipe into my helmet.

Norm LeFevre

That looks very clean. I have the mirror adapter; just need the ball and short arm, etc. Did you order from RAM, or get this locally. My dealer has zip in stock. Meanwhile, I've ordered the Ilium bar backs, and saw that one of the guys put the standard handlebar clamps on them.

Do you know the thread size on the RAM ball?

The mirror adapter threads are M10x1.5 I ordered the ball mount with the threaded adpater straight from RAM, I couldn't find it anywhere else.

Archived