IGNORED

Windshield recomdations for R1150rt

BoisePilot

I have a problem with CE Bailey windshield on my R1150rt that may be unusual but drives me nuts. At freeway speeds (80 mph in Idaho, and Utah) I get air directly at my forearms and upper arms. The problem is that the windshield is cut out at the lower corners in such a way that the air goes through the gap between the fairing and windshield unimpeded. I have a good pocket of air on my torso and helmet but my arms are taking a beating. I avoid freeway riding as much as possible but I can't avoid it completely. Has anyone here had the same problem? I am open to any and all suggestions for a fix including a different windshield or adding handlebar mounted mirrors like on the K1200rs. The mirrors seem like an attractive option if they will offer some wind deflection as well as their obvious function. Has anyone added mirrors to an r1150rt and if so did they have any effect on air flow?

Hello

I have the Bailey monster. Not the largest monster but the one that is 4 1/2" taller and 2" wider. I forgot to mention that I am 5'10" but have a broad chest and shoulders. I have taped cardboard wings on the windshield and verified the source of the problem. I am considering adding plexiglass wings of my own design if I can't find another solution.

I have design #2 +3.5" and like I said, no issues. Maybe its the width that is the problem on the monster? I think EffBee might have one of those. Maybe he'll chime in.

Purchased my R1150RT with Aeroflow installed plus somewhat smaller Cee Bailey off the bike. Liked Aeroflow protection but hated clunky appearance, so it ultimately ended amongst land fill debris. Liked Cee Bailey appearance but not enough protection with my full helmet in preferred partially raised visor position. Solution for me was to buy ZTechnik VStream in standard height, having owned similar on prior 2004 Yamaha FJR and 2007 R1200RT. In the end, I'm well pleased (though I might be shopping for a camhead RT :Cool: )...

Z Technik wider at the top, other brands taper at the top.

3 heights for the RT, and they look sexy!

I've tried 3 different brands before the ZT, The ZT to me is the best of the best.

Archived