IGNORED

2005/2006 advert

Pletch

Does anyone know the locations and route used in the 05/06 RT advertisement video?

I had it, but apparently put it with my mind and no it's lost too.

Pletch

Kakugo,

I actually think that's S.E France into or N.W. Italy. I have done a lot of riding in that area, that this looks exactuly like the tri-border area. I could be wrong, but I don't think so.

Pletch

Guest Kakugo
Kakugo,

I actually think that's S.E France into or N.W. Italy. I have done a lot of riding in that area, that this looks exactuly like the tri-border area. I could be wrong, but I don't think so.

Pletch

If it's Italy the editors should get a very generous bonus for editing out potholes and traffic. ;)

Well that area isn't as bad as most, once you get off the main roads and into the hills and twisties, it's pretty decent.

But you're right, most of the roads in Italy aren't vehicle freindly

Guest Kakugo
Well that area isn't as bad as most, once you get off the main roads and into the hills and twisties, it's pretty decent.

But you're right, most of the roads in Italy aren't vehicle freindly

Probably to drive there the best vehicle is a Toyota Hi-Lux or Land Cruiser with beefed up suspensions. :grin:

With a bit of research I was able to dig out more about the video.

It was shot in the Almeria Province (Andalucia, Spain). The "plains" part was shot in the Parque Natural de Cabo de Gata-Nijar.

That road... it's nearby. I cannot pinpoint it with 100% accuracy but, if I find the time, may go on a fact-finding mission later this year. :grin:

• 2 weeks later...

Please do go on that fact finding mission and get back to us. I thought at first that the roads might be in the Sierra nevada park but no go. I would like to ride it if I can find it.

Cheers

Guest Kakugo
Please do go on that fact finding mission and get back to us. I thought at first that the roads might be in the Sierra nevada park but no go. I would like to ride it if I can find it.

Cheers

I fear I may not have the time to go that South this year... I calculated I would need at very least ten days to do this thing by the book and I simply cannot stay away for so long. :P

Archived