IGNORED

New Problem - electric windsheild

AlanS.

As of this morning the windshield does not go back to the previous position once I start moving. The switch still works to raise or lower the windshield. Anyone else run across this problem? Also, it does lower when the bike is turned off.

Alan

Now that you mention it, I noticed the other day that my windshield didn't start moving up until the bike was in motion. I thought I remembered that the windshield would raise to its previous position as soon as you turn the key on. I'm so confused.

On the K16, I know for a fact that the windshield does not return to its previous position until the bike starts moving.

As of this morning the windshield does not go back to the previous position once I start moving. The switch still works to raise or lower the windshield. Anyone else run across this problem? Also, it does lower when the bike is turned off.

Alan

Alan

Do you let the bike run through it's full start up sequence, before hitting the starter?

If not, see if that fixes the problem.

Otherwise try to disconnect the battery for a minute, see if that sorts it.

Still not fixed?

Time to visit the dealer and get them to fill out a Puma.

Other than a big cat, what is a Puma? I think it going to rain tomorrow so the next time I ride I will see if letting go through the full start up changes anything. I use to be sure to let it go through the start up but I have not been paying attention to it as much. Before I disconnect the battery I will connect the GS911 and see if it has caused any error codes.

Thanks,

Alan

This morning I did let the bike run through the full start up sequence before hitting the starter and once I starter rolling the windshield did come back up. Later today I will see if I can reproduce the problem by starting as soon as a turn the key on.

Thanks,

Alan

Other than a big cat, what is a Puma?

BMW's internal database for problems and service. Produkt und Maßnahmenmanagement Aftersales. Something like that. Although the "aftersales" doesnt seem too German to me? I actually thought it was only for the cars?

Of course it's also internet reported to mean "pain up my @$$" and "possible unlimited money available"

Freedom Outlaw
Other than a big cat, what is a Puma?

BMW's internal database for problems and service. Produkt und Maßnahmenmanagement Aftersales. Something like that. Although the "aftersales" doesnt seem too German to me? I actually thought it was only for the cars?

Of course it's also internet reported to mean "pain up my @$$" and "possible unlimited money available"

"possible unlimited money available"

Hilarious and there is some legitimacy in that!

• 2 months later...

I've had it happen maybe six times since I purchased the bike last Nov.. I just put it back up with the rocker switch and it'll be good for a month or so . Really no big deal for me but I've heard there has been a recall on both the right and left side switch clusters . Might want to bring it to the dealers attention the next time you stop in , if enough people complain then maybe BMW will do something about it.

Archived