IGNORED

Any bar back problems with Wunderlich?

redryder

Hey all. I've been putting a bunch of miles on my 02 RT thanks to a great fairing and a little help from the Widder electric vest/chaps. I've ridden more this winter on the RT than I rode the old rice burner in two summers. However, I have come to the conclusion that my arms are a bit shorter than the average German rider. I have come to the conclusion that a good set of 1 in. rise and 1 in. back would help significantly in my long term riding comfort.

I have checked the archives for bar backs and bar setbacks but didn't find anything there. I asked the dealer about them, and the kind saleslady told me they were great, but that sometimes there were issues with cable and brake lines being too short to allow for the new bar placement. So my question to all of you is this: For those of you who have installed a set of Wunderlich bar backs, have you had any installation problems? My bike is an 02 RT. I know that there are a myriad of ideas, so if anyone has used another brand of bar back, I'd be interested in your feedback too. I just want a good looking finished product that places the handgrips closer to me so I don't get sore between the shoulders after 500 miles.

Thanks to all! Happy riding!

Thanks to all of you who recommended the Moto-Techniques bar setbacks. I guess there aren't any Wunderlich supporters to be found. So thanks to you guys (and Sarah) I ordered the MT set today. I found their website thanks to your links and really liked what I saw. Thanks to Sarah, I called and asked about returns, and got a set of setbacks and saved $20 to boot! Thanks again for the input. Happy riding!

Just to add my 2d worth

Wanting a more upright and comfortable stance and suffering back aches like you, I found them on Bobs BMW site and imported a set of Moto Techniques bar backs in 1999 for my 1100R. Problem fixed!

I rode for thousands of comfortable miles with these fitted and flipped them across to my next ride, an 1100RT-P back in 2003. I can recommend them highly..!!

You won't be disappointed, a good product, well made and installed in less than an hour. No control cable issues when fitting on either of my bikes so I doubt that you will have, maybe some discrete re-routing, nothing serious!

Happy and comfortable riding..! thumbsup.gif

Archived